+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it safe to write the embassy or is the delay after medicals normal?

JKM

Aug 11, 2008
Hi all,
I hope somenone can share their experience with me.
I got a letter from candain embassy in March 2008 requested for updated IMM088??( i think) froms,payment of right of permanent resident fee etc plus my passport for visa issuance.All was to be done within 60 days.
I complied and handed my pp on 9th May.They resent the same letter again on may 26 and i availed myself at the embassy in early june to explain.since no one cud talk to me I wrote an explanation note plus copies of some of the documents i had earlier presented and followed it up with an e-mail with the same info.
My fear is that they have not replied since,does the reminder mean they had misplaced my documents or what.
Can i write them again?
It is now 4 months after medicals and they have been holding my pp since.
What is going on here

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

JKM said:
Hi all,
I hope somenone can share their experience with me.
I got a letter from candain embassy in March 2008 requested for updated IMM088??( i think) froms,payment of right of permanent resident fee etc plus my passport for visa issuance.All was to be done within 60 days.
I complied and handed my pp on 9th May.They resent the same letter again on may 26 and i availed myself at the embassy in early june to explain.since no one cud talk to me I wrote an explanation note plus copies of some of the documents i had earlier presented and followed it up with an e-mail with the same info.
My fear is that they have not replied since,does the reminder mean they had misplaced my documents or what.
Can i write them again?
It is now 4 months after medicals and they have been holding my pp since.
What is going on here
1. Let us guess, you applied to New Delhi? Holding the passport is not unusual.
2. I assume that you sent the information recorded delivery, so the letters probably crossed in the mail.
3. Check Trackitt http://tinyurl.com/6xwzwu , if it is Delhi, it takes forever from the Medical, but you should be close to the end.
4. Send them another email.

PMM

JKM

Aug 11, 2008
Hi PMM,
Thanks for your prompt response.
I applied from Nairobi and the letters could not have crossed since i personally and physically presented the required documents at the embassy.
I will write them another e-mail soon though i have this feeling it is almost so near i hope I don't upset them with ''unncessary'' querries.
rgds

qbanky

Star Member
May 19, 2008
At this stage there is no harm emailing them especially where your pp is concerned. Let thm know you are checking in just for the safety and security of your pp. thats a valid reason