+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it risky to travel frequently to Quebec while waiting for PR from a federal program?

Feb 2, 2020
A friend in Ontario loves to visit Montreal, sometimes for extended periods of time (no more than two weeks). He applied for PR recently, but he works and lives in Ontario and has no connection to Quebec whatsoever, except for traveling over there to have fun.

I'm not sure if the government cares or knows where someone is going to during their free time, but even so, is this something that could harm my friend's application?

I'm guessing the answer is no, and that he's being paranoid about it, but even so, I'd like to know. He's not aware of this stuff, and I got PR a while ago so I don't know what to tell him.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
It has no bearing, the government doesn't track your movements and travel across provinces.

Only time this would be an issue is if he was either employed or resided long term in Quebec.

Feb 2, 2020
It has no bearing, the government doesn't track your movements and travel across provinces.

Only time this would be an issue is if he was either employed or resided long term in Quebec.
I see. Well no, he's never had anything to do with Quebec. He studied at a university in Ontario that's close to the border with Quebec, so he went a lot over there, mostly just to go have fun in Quebec. He still lives in the same place in Ontario, and now that he gets paid he wants to go more frequently. From what I know, he has friends over there.