+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it really worth moving to Canada???????????????

Rajan01

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New- delhi
NOC Code......
4211&4112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-06
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
06-09-06
Tralior of Second parts should be optimistic as Old times never come back and I suppose it's just as well.
What comes back is a new morning every day in the year, and that's better.

Quotation of Sister Busche also tells the truth about life:-

We are like tea bags -- we don't know our own strength until
we're in hot water."

Cheers!
Rajan

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
awaranag said:
Hi Ally

I got my PR Cards within one month time(26 days).As I mentioned earlier,I went to Toronto,Vancouver and Calgary and it was Calgary which impressed me.It is the cleanest place on planet earth since last 5 yrs,people are good,plenty of people from India.As per the latest survey...Calgary is the 5th best place all over the world to live(Vancouver being 1st and Toronto being 3rd all over the world).Few of my friends are there and they are too happy to work and settle down there.
There are plenty..I repeat PLENTY of jobs in Calgary and u won't regret ur decision of moving to Calgary.Vancouver is too costly...Toronto...sucks
My friendly suggestion to all forum members...start ur new life in Calgary and u will be happy all ur life
Cheers and best of luck
PS:If I ever have to move finally to Canada....I will move to Calgary....for sure.
Hi Awaranag,

Since u mentioned that there are plenty of jobs in Calgary, would u share the kind of plenty of jobs avaliable in Calgary. What kind of jobs are those? Minimum pay jobs or professional jobs such as? Would be helpful to all of u, who have intention to land in calgary to know what kind of jobs are available and what expectations should one have and where can one find such jobs.

Thanks and appreciate it.

eemmoo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
working on document update
Doc's Request.
09-02-2010
awaranag said:
Hi Ally

I got my PR Cards within one month time(26 days).As I mentioned earlier,I went to Toronto,Vancouver and Calgary and it was Calgary which impressed me.It is the cleanest place on planet earth since last 5 yrs,people are good,plenty of people from India.As per the latest survey...Calgary is the 5th best place all over the world to live(Vancouver being 1st and Toronto being 3rd all over the world).Few of my friends are there and they are too happy to work and settle down there.
There are plenty..I repeat PLENTY of jobs in Calgary and u won't regret ur decision of moving to Calgary.Vancouver is too costly...Toronto...sucks
My friendly suggestion to all forum members...start ur new life in Calgary and u will be happy all ur life
Cheers and best of luck

PS:If I ever have to move finally to Canada....I will move to Calgary....for sure.

What kind of job are available?

saxena.sagar

Star Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lol eemmoo..well in that case i wish someone from CHC london reads that and gives me additional points for that "skilled work" haha

but where is awaranag? where have you disappeared dude? pls come back, this thread is all yours now!! ;D

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
seems like everyone is waiting urgently and patiently for your "plenty of jobs" reply! hahaha ;-)

Come back Awarang!

GO Canada! So proud of Canada topping the GOLD medal tally! Seems like we are all making the right choice to be champions in a champions country!

Siawo

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
May 12, 2009
AOR Received.
May 20, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 1, 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 07, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 18. 2010
awaranag said:
Hi All
Came back from Canada last week.Was there for almost 50 days(with Family).I have to admit Canada is WOW.Went to Vancouver,Toronto and Calgary.Job market is not as tight as some people assume...as long as you are prepared to work for CAD 12-13 hourly rates initially.My suggestion to all forum members to try and land in Calgary,and I am sure u won't be without survival job from day one.
As for me...I have come back with my PR cards and I have another 3 yrs to go back to Canada.I am in middle east and as of now I am happy and in no mood to sacrifice my job for Canada...may be after one year...I might thinj about it.
Good wishes to all forunm members.
I plan to do the same as Awranag. Currently I am in the UAE and plan to return to by job with my Canadian PR Status. I have been to the US and Canada for extended periods and have some idea of the situation there.

You should think on following points before making a decision on immigration to Canada;
1) Do you really need to immigrate? Are there are problems in the country you are living in and are you confident that these problems will be solved by immigration?
2) Is Canada only choice for immigration? Maybe you should consider immigration to other countries as well.
3) Have you considered the cultural difference that you and your family will face after immigration to Canada? You may lose 50% of you culture, values and traditions nah your kids may lose 100% of them. Are you prepared?
4) Are you willing to work really hard and even as general labor after immigration? People working at a managerial job in home country should not assume that they will get at least a supervisor or foreman job in Canada.
5) Many people believe that the West is the answer to all their woes and have a fairytale view of life there. People living in Canada face the same problems people face all over the world.
6) Racial discrimination is a fact. You and your kids will have to face it, especially in small cities. If you do not look like a Canadian, people might be suspicious of you. (Especially if you look like me with brown skin and a beard )

You have to make you decision taking in to account all such factors. I was born in the UAE I grew up here, went to school here, made a good career, raised a family, my parents and siblings reside here. I am 41 years old but if I loose my job today I shall have to leave my "home" within 30days. I shall have to go to a country where I shall be a forigner even though I am a citizen there by default. For me I chose to submit my immigration papers after contemplating the above issues (amongst other ones).

My point to Auranag is that the Middle East is agood place for a short term stay, you will either have to move eventually. Its better to move sooner than later when you still have the strength to make a go of it in a new envoirment. For my parents its too late. They have spent their lives here with few opions open to them now.

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very well said Siawo. The middle east is the place to save. It is difficult to get stuck here and find yourself nowhere to go but home where its not home anymore. As I have said in an earlier thread... it is wise to wait and prepare but do not wait too long.

erikvirgo

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo Transferred to LA October 5, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2010 (date recvd by CHC Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010 1st AOR & 120day starts
AOR Received.
04-11-2010 2nd AOR
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
24-02-2010 Transfer to Buffalo VO
Med's Request
22-11-2011 (Recevied from LA VO)
Med's Done....
22-12-2011 (Received by Ottawa)
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
16-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
19-03-2012
LANDED..........
31-July-2012
I am going to follow this strategy.. Thnks

commonwealth said:
Excellent effort and i agree, nice script for a drama :)

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Been a long time since I last visited this thread. Looks like much has happened. Thanks for the cliffnotes version, it really helped :)

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Source: http://britishexpats.com/articles/canada/best-worst-canada/

This is not my opinion but like it a lot to thought will share it here. Thanks to the person who posted it.

The four best and worst things about Canada

The four best – and worst – things about Canada – from a Nouveau-Canadian.

Ten years ago we were in our fifth year of struggling to integrate into Canadian life. We left after seven years – a job opportunity came up that we couldn’t resist – but I’m now testing the waters again with a tentative toe. This is partly because my Canadianised daughter, who was 12 when we emigrated, is now (almost) engaged to a “real” Canadian she met at Queen’s, and her future seems set to hold a move back in that direction at some point in the future. If my daughter goes then there’s a good chance I’ll follow, as blood is much thicker than water, and for me, being away from family matters more than the country I’m in. I’m very much in two minds though about going back – there are some very attractive, little-known features to Canada that newbies might not know about. The funny thing is that every good thing about Canada is also an equally bad thing. Let me explain about the four best – and worst – things about Canada.

The first-best thing about Canada is its size and location. It’s huge and mostly empty, so homes are big and cheap and you tend not to have many neighbours (except in Toronto or Vancouver). It’s a long way from everywhere except along the southern border where it is close to the empty bits of America, so it’s actually a very long way from everywhere including the States. Whether this fills you with fear and foreboding or longing and lust depends on whether or not you have actually lived there, where the only landmark for hundreds of miles is a grain elevator. The fear of not finding a gas-station before I ran out of gas kept me in the city for a whole year when we first arrived in Calgary.

The first-worst thing about Canada is also its size and location. It is so far away from everywhere else that no-one living there needs to care about any other country in the world, and vice-versa. And it is so big that B.C. might as well be on another planet for all the chances are of you visiting it if you choose to live in Nova Scotia – or even Alberta. You think I exaggerate? I knew people in Calgary who hadn’t been to Bragg Creek for fifteen years. Nouveau-Calgarians will know what distance I’m talking about and relate. Consequently the major cities of each province tend to be very isolated in their own ways, and people think of themselves as Albertans, Ontarians, Maritimers etc. first and Canadians very much second.

The second-best thing about Canada is the weather. There has been a lot of talk lately about global warming, and by my reckoning, if there’s one place that can benefit from a few extra degrees year-round it has to be Canada. Notice also that because the country is extremely large and despite increased immigration to “the city” (Toronto or Vancouver depending on your orientation) – most of it is still largely unoccupied and property is cheap almost everywhere – (except in Alberta where they have discovered oil again). This means that investing in real estate now, before everyone else gets wise to it, will mean you own a very valuable commodity when the rest of the planet (at least the coastal bits) becomes uninhabitable and everyone has to move to Canada.

The second-worst thing about Canada is the weather. Most Canadians either dream, plan - or if they are lucky actually go - south for several weeks in the winter. (Florida is the location of choice for most). Only then is Canadian weather tolerable. Brits don’t tend to think too deeply about this irrational need for warmth, and for a few years the sheer novelty of temperatures colder (literally) than your deep-freeze for months on end is enough to keep you going. The second Christmas we were there the freezer was too small for our turkey, so I stored it on the deck outdoors for a week. I kid you not. Another time the ignition key froze and snapped off in the door of the car, and by the time the locksmith had arrived all the food in the trunk had frozen solid. Ever seen a frozen banana? Not good. We came out of the swimming pool one evening with damp hair, which proceeded to instantly freeze solid. Did you know that frozen hair will snap off at the roots? Also not good. Despite these little entertaining events eventually a certain, let’s say tedium for want of a better word, sets in and you have GOT to get away. Trust me, it will happen.

The third-best thing about Canada is the Great Outdoors. There are more lakes, mountains, plains, rivers, coastline, glaciers, bears, wolves, cougars, and other wild life than almost anywhere else in the world. You can hike, ski, skate, canoe, fish, or sail yourself into a frenzy all year round. One caveat. All these activities, with the exception of those associated with sub-zero temperatures, are confined to about 2 months of the year. I’ve recently heard that snowshoeing has become very popular, and if I go back, I plan to look into that. Otherwise for exercise in the winter you only have two choices: take up some form of snow-based and therefore slippery and dangerous winter sport, or go for long walks in the local mall, which is detrimental to the bank account. Again, I jest not. There are well-established mall-walking groups for seniors in most towns.

The third-worst thing about Canada is the Great Outdoors. Out there along with the cute wildlife is another type of critter we don’t like so much. Mosquitos. You wait all year for barbecue time to come round, only to find that the clouds of mozzies drive you indoors unless you surround yourselves with smoke bombs and other forms of chemical warfare. One of the reasons for the popularity of the fire-pit and the associated joint. And don’t imagine I am exaggerating when I say “clouds.” I once had to run for the cover of my car when I tried to walk the dogs near Banff as the mosquitos were so dense I couldn’t breathe without inhaling them. Seriously. There is also the unexpected thrill of finding a bear exploring the garbage bin in your kitchen (happened in Canmore) and the cougar making a meal of your dog on the deck (happened in Banff.)
Joking apart, if I do return to Canada I will be exceedingly glad of the following features, as I approach my senior years:

Health care. They don’t have the same problems we do with MRSA, for example, and health care is very good – you pay a relatively small provincial subscription for excellent care and facilities. I had breast cancer while I was there and believe I owe my life to prompt, effective treatment which cost me nothing.
Seniors are a cared-for priority and there is no comparison to the UK with the level of services for the elderly.
Quality of the environment. Simply put, they care more and have more room and more money to care, and provided you don’t choose a polluted city like Toronto or Vancouver you can expect to breathe easily.
Good behavior. People are overwhelmingly quiet and well-behaved. With the exception of the over-crowded areas of Toronto (yep) and Vancouver, you can expect Canadians to treat you with respect and to be generally – well, quieter than the average European. It’s something to do with the size of the country and the amount of personal space.
So, if I decide to end my days in Canada I will take the following precautions and go ahead and enjoy it.

Learn to speak with either a Canadian, French or Scottish/Irish accent. (Who doesn’t want to fit in, eh??)
Learn to like watching ice-hockey.
Install a fire pit, a hot tub and a buy a large quantity of Molson beer and invite the neighbours round.
Learn to like watching ice-hockey with the neighbours, drinking beer round the fire-pit or in the hot tub depending on the time of year.
Go Canada, Go!

pickednotes

Star Member
Oct 26, 2011
chandan said:
I am moving to canada the same day that i receive my PR visa. My wife and children are ready too.
Nothing anyone says can stop us. Things are extremely moving fast for us here. The DMP sent our
medical results last week, I just checked my online status and it says: 'Decision Made'.
Medicals results have been received, a decision has been made, the office will contact you with the , etc.
Amazing.

This was my mind set when I came here in Vancouver early this year.

I am returning home to find another opportunity for me to instantly to practice my profession. Because there are none here. I do not want to study anymore and work at a friggin' donut shop! I was saving lives for more than 5 years in my country for crying out loud.

I hope you guys are luckier.

Juny0710

Feb 28, 2011
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2009
Doc's Request.
13-05-2009
Med's Request
25-10-2009, delayed coz I have to wait for the delivery of my baby on June 2010.
Med's Done....
28-10-2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
I am due for promotion this year and my husband and I will be earning at least 140K$/year tax free, plus free medical insurance, free airticket to home country for family and free education for my children from 3-18 yrs. We are PRs since 2011 but still have not move to Canada. We have to return to Canada by 2014 if we want to renew our PRs to comply with the two out in 5 years residency requirement. Until now we are hesitant whether we should give up our jobs here in UAE for Canada. My husband is a Canadian PRN (subject to completion of IELTS requirement) with masters degree while I am a Philippine CPA, CIA , with masters degree, and currently undergoing the CMA US program. Please, any advice from senior members who have been there in Canada for some time. Thank you. :'(

renypaulinj

Star Member
Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2010
Doc's Request.
may 23
Nomination.....
sept first week
AOR Received.
21-may-2010,
File Transfer...
27 may 2010,in process with date since feb 15,2012
Med's Request
08/11/2012
Med's Done....
14/12/12
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
08/11/12, passport sent on 29/12/12
amazing thread...everything is well explained...

biddukhan

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
Nomination.....
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
26-02-2013 ( Received status on online status) 17-11-2013 ( In process status) 17-11-2013 ( Background declaration form asked again) 26-11-2013 (submitted form again)
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Med's Done....
23-12-2013 ( Received status on online status)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-07-2014
LANDED..........
15-12-2014
good information .. thanks all for sharing their views... will definitely help to make final decision.

Bless you all

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
If you are well settled then your home country is better. Also weather is very severe during winter months.