+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it really worth moving to Canada???????????????

isagada

Oct 31, 2009
hello guys,

In my own opinion and point of view,moving to Canada or any country around the world starting a new life all over again is one's personal decision.In that decision, there must be a reason.And with this forum(I appreciate very much), we have heard the" positive side" as well as the "negative side".
As we all know in life, there's always 2 things - the good and the bad... so it is for us on how we face the good or bad things that comes along in our life. As it was written, "it is by choice and not by chance".
My regards and God bless to all.

CanadaVisa4me

Star Member
Aug 5, 2009
Awarnag

come join us - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/filed-from-ahmedabad-please-share-your-experience-any-gujaratis-out-there-t27733.0.html;msg163570#msg163570

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
I like this statement : quote " grass on the other side of the fence is not necessarily green. It is not the fence to blame. Carry enough water with u while crossing the fence. U can tame the gross with water to make it green." unquote

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
parulkrish said:
I am in Canada for last three year, i can tell you for sure that for you it's not worth to move Canada
I sincerely advice you to leave Canada, some will make it in canada, maybe you are not destiny to be one of those. Please get out of Canada.....

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babutv2000 said:
I like this statement : quote " grass on the other side of the fence is not necessarily green. It is not the fence to blame. Carry enough water with u while crossing the fence. U can tame the gross with water to make it green." unquote
Oh really! Hmm, maybe partially. However, don't forgot that you still need "sunshine (sunlight for photosynthesis)" to make the Grass green. "Water alone is never enough and will never do the trick". "Some are shortsighted and some a farsighted".
"Some see only up to their noses and do not see beyond". Again, "there could be drought too".

A word is enough for the wise.

Good luck.
BobbyB

V

vbond007

BobbbB's answer is really excellent. But r they able to visualize the situation what happens without sunshine, while standing under the hot sun!

Arizona

Oct 19, 2009
vbond007 said:
canadacalling is questioning awaranag and the same time telling that it is no one's right to question. We do have great sympathy for chandan for losing his young son, but awarang's point was that has he married at the age of 16? Without clearing that point why everyone blames awarang?

As chandan lost his son - Nigeria is famous for terrorists. Many of my friends work there, but they say form airport to company, company car with commandos come and for 3 months they can not come out of campus. Also no one has taken his family there. While as chandan said he was his family on the city road on the day of salary in pocket. I don't know but he must be aware of the risk (not before going to Nigeria but at least after reaching there) associated in moving freely. Also for that reason I don't take up the job in Nigeria though we face Recession.

So it is natural that Canada attracts him. But once again ignoring negative points, will be second mistake.

Canada is not good or bad. It depends from which position u r looking at it. If u r straggler or have other problems, Canada is good. But if u r rich & famous in your country which is safe, Canada may not be a god option.

Everyone here should at least once move to Canada. But my only advice is that in frustration, don't close every door to come back to your country. Don't sell house or don't resign from Govt. or well paid job. You can sell house or resign from Canada itself!
This is one of the most uninformed post i have ever read on this forum. Vbond007 is highly not well informed about Nigeria. I live in the country and I know all that happen there. Nigeria is not a country with terrorists and it not all Nigerians that are into crime but few pple as we have in other countries. Out of his ignorance, did he want to say that there are no crime and evel things happening where he came from?
With due respect to Chandan on what happened to hi, pple linke Vbond007 should learn to talk on what they know rather than on hear say from a biased friend that has a biased mind about Nigeria. There are thousands of foreigners living, schooling and working in Nigeria with all of them doing fine and raising family. How come Vbond and his so called friend never saw that? Pls learn more about a country b4 you condemn pple in that country. The crime rate in the US Is far more than what is obtainable in Nigeria. Get serious men!
Arizona

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
I don't believe why someone will apply, receive PR visa and than wonder if they should come or move to Canada.... You have doubts about Canada than do a favour to Canada immigration don't apply and waste their time on your application and give the chance to someone else who is desperately waiting for their application to be approved.
Most of the people don't appreciate what they have in life until they loose it.
There is always good and bad side in each country. Not one country is perfect but you have to decide what's important to you. For me stability, security and education is very essential in life and I found it in Canada. So pick and choose...

Sorry if I offended anyone!!!!

isagada

Oct 31, 2009
"People say I'm the lucky one, but we've just begun...and eventhough we ain't got money,
I'm so in love wtih you honey"......

Lyrics from a folk song...not knowing what is out there but still enjoying and fulfilling with joy and love.
I believe, if we are determined and focused..we can achieve our different goals.

Warm regards,

Igorot

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just FYI:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_burFtuUms&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GUolkhHRo&feature=related

canadacalling

Nov 3, 2009
I agree with Marlena
Why waste your time and money for immigration if you are not intersted in Canada.Or is it the case of Sour Grapes??Awaranag was suppose to get his visa withen 10-15 days and there are no posts from him/her after that.Any way I wish him and his family good luck.Hopes he will start seeing the brighter side of Canada and will stop misleading the good people of this forum
God bless you.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
waste time and money? For some people the opportunity to reduce country risk by having an exit strategy may not be a waste of time or money. And when the time came to take up the exit strategy, they may not have needed it.

Many people are applying for it but whether they take it up depends on how the future plays out. This is especially so for the people who applied prior to Feb 2008 because the future may suddenly seem bright in a previous not-so-bright country after couple of years.

I guess in some ways, I haven't made up my mind about moving to Canada yet so I am applying now but will make the decision later.

thats my opinion anyway.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rupeshhari said:
waste time and money? For some people the opportunity to reduce country risk by having an exit strategy may not be a waste of time or money. And when the time came to take up the exit strategy, they may not have needed it.

Many people are applying for it but whether they take it up depends on how the future plays out. This is especially so for the people who applied prior to Feb 2008 because the future may suddenly seem bright in a previous not-so-bright country after couple of years.

I guess in some ways, I haven't made up my mind about moving to Canada yet so I am applying now but will make the decision later.

thats my opinion anyway.
Thank God. At least there is somebody here on the same wavelength.

Regards Rupesh.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Rupeshhari if you didn't made up your mind so why bother applying!!!!. Wouldn't be logical if you decide first and apply later?????

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
no, because by the time I do want to go to Canada, i probably will want to go immediately or at least, I probably wouldn't want to wait an year. So rather apply to reduce the risk. The effort is worth the reduction in the risk.

So for example, when I finish studying and I get a job in Canada then I may go but if I get my dream job in the US, I probably wouldn't.