+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to study Masters in Canada with a Bachelors from the Philippines

alpheez

Aug 5, 2015
I'm seriously considering pursuing my master's degree in Canada. I have a bachelor's degree in information technology (4 years) from the Philippines. I know stories from friends in the US that some states don't value it as much. My question is, what are my chances of finding a university/college that would accept me given my bachelor's is from the Philippines?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
That's way too low.. I think most university accepts minimum of 3.06 CGPA but don't give up hope, just try to search of some university and see the outcome.. Best of luck bro

Reactions: Al Saudi

binary123

Mar 16, 2018
Hey there! I am currently enrolled in a bachelor's of computer science program in the Virtual University of Pakistan. Basically, the word currently enrolled is very important for you to understand the context of this question. I haven't yet completed my bachelors and by that I mean I just gave my final exams for semester 6th but my current cgpa is 3.06.

So let's assume for the sake of the argument that I have completed my bachelors and my cgpa is 3.06, can I apply for a masters program in computer science in any universities which are in Vancouver?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
@binary123 most Universities always look for the best students but there are Universities that accepts CGPA of 3.06 not sure whether in Vancouver but all you need to do is to search for any DLI and then call the school directly for proper information and admission requirements

You should know that Computer Science is a highly competitive course so work harder to boost up your CGPA at least

Last edited:

binary123

Mar 16, 2018
@binary123 most University always looks for the best students but there are Universities that accepts CGPA of 3.06 not sure whether in Vancouver but all you need to do is to search for any DLI and the call the school directly for proper information and admission requirements

You should know that Computer Science is a highly competitive course so work harder to boost up your CGPA at least
Well I still have a year left to complete my cgpa and im trying hard to get it to at least a 3.3 or 3.5 my personal goal is 3.5
How much minimum cgpa is required in schools like ubc and sfu?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
I can't really say for sure because each department in every DLI has their own minimum requirements so its best if you check their sites or contact your prospective department in the DLI for an accurate info

binary123

Mar 16, 2018
I can't really say for sure because each department in every DLI has their own minimum requirements so its best if you check their sites or contact your prospective department in the DLI for an accurate info
I have talked to consultants here and even checked out some UBC and sfu. What I have gathered is that at UBC they need at least a minimum of 3 cgpa but the prefer 3.5 and at sfu they need minimum of 3.2. do you think its accurate? do u think a 3.06 cgpa is a low one? also, do you think its possible to improve my cgpa to 3.5 in a year?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Since you checked with the school then you have nothing to worry about.. mind you, consultants are not a reliable source but they provide guide. Its best to check the school sites or contact the school directly

In my opinion, 3.06 is averagely okay to get you into the university and yes, you can improve your CGPA within a year with an excellent distinctions

binary123

Mar 16, 2018
Since you checked with the school then you have nothing to worry about.. mind you, consultants are not a reliable source but they provide guide. Its best to check the school sites or contact the school directly

In my opinion, 3.06 is averagely okay to get you into the university and yes, you can improve your CGPA within a year with an excellent distinctions
Thank you so much for helping me out and giving me advice. I am really grateful.