+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is it possible to sponsor my wife from outside canada?

ilovecanadadry

Aug 22, 2012
Hello i just married my wife about 8 months ago in hongkong and i am planning to return to Canada and going to bring her together. I wonder if i can apply for PR for her here in hongkong without needing to go back to Canada because both of us still have a full time job here..

Thank you very much!

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 19 2011
Passport Req..
March 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 21 2012
LANDED..........
May 17th 2012
If you are a Canadian citizen, yes. You will need to provide proof that you intend to move to Canada once your wife receives her PR.

If you are a Canadian PR, no. Permanent residents need to be residing inside Canada in order to sponsor anyone.

Love Canada

Aug 28, 2012
Isometry is correct, you must be a Canadian citizen in order to sponsor your wife while living outside of Canada. My wife and I have a similar case as yours, my Vietnamese wife and I have been married for 9 years now and has been living together here in Vietnam, we have a three years old son and a two years old daughter. To proof of my intention of returning to Canada once my wife receives her PR, I used conversation emails on Facebook with friend and family over the years as proof. I also used emails from the school board of Vancouver BC as proof, showing conversations of me asking information of my kid's schooling. If you have a job waiting for you in Canada or rental contract showing your intention of returning to Canada, that would be even better.

zeushk

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 10 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 11, 2012
File Transfer...
May 10, 2012
Med's Request
May 15, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept 7, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 15, 2013
Once you start filling the forms, like we did, you'll find it's not as difficult, and then there's this forum which really helps. I actually came back to HKG back in 1999, married, and now, want to go back with my wife. We sent our application back in Nov '11 and now waiting for the hkg visa office to do their thing. so make sure you have patience to wait...... and a long one, i might add.