+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to obtain an emergency processing on US Visa?

dynamor

May 7, 2020
My son has been hospitalized in the US and he has no family there; he's about to go through surgery. I'm his mother and I really would like to be there for him. I have already obtained a Canadian Travel Document and have completed the DS-160 form for US Visa

From there, I made an account on this "first" website in order to set up an appointment for an interview and to pay the fees; however, before I went with paying the fees, it seemed like there were no appointments until 2021.

Is there any way to schedule an earlier meeting due to schedule an earlier meeting due to my circumstances; I have documents showing that my son has been hospitalized.

I've also found this second website that shows how to get an expedited appointment.

I used google and made my into this third website which then sent me back to the first website I was using to make an appointment. I decided to bite the bullet and pay for the application and follow the third website's instructions on how to get an expedited appointment. The problem is that in order to get an expedited appointment, I need to make a normal appointment in the embassy that I am applying to in my DS160, which in my case is Ottawa; unfortunately, Ottawa does not allow you to make appointments at all for the time being.

I am have half a mind in setting the interview in another place such as Calgary, from which I could try the expedited process; however, it clearly states that I have to choose the same place I applied for on my DS160.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My son has been hospitalized in the US and he has no family there; he's about to go through surgery. I'm his mother and I really would like to be there for him. I have already obtained a Canadian Travel Document and have completed the DS-160 form for US Visa

From there, I made an account on this "first" website in order to set up an appointment for an interview and to pay the fees; however, before I went with paying the fees, it seemed like there were no appointments until 2021.

Is there any way to schedule an earlier meeting due to schedule an earlier meeting due to my circumstances; I have documents showing that my son has been hospitalized.

I've also found this second website that shows how to get an expedited appointment.

I used google and made my into this third website which then sent me back to the first website I was using to make an appointment. I decided to bite the bullet and pay for the application and follow the third website's instructions on how to get an expedited appointment. The problem is that in order to get an expedited appointment, I need to make a normal appointment in the embassy that I am applying to in my DS160, which in my case is Ottawa; unfortunately, Ottawa does not allow you to make appointments at all for the time being.

I am have half a mind in setting the interview in another place such as Calgary, from which I could try the expedited process; however, it clearly states that I have to choose the same place I applied for on my DS160.
You need to post this question to a U.S. immigration forum. Here's one:

https://forums.immigration.com/

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Is the US even scheduling appointments in the near future in Canada? Was under the impression they weren’t.

Biochemist

Star Member
May 21, 2019

You can email the consular appointment registry here: contactus_en_CA@usvisa-info.com

right now they will definitely schedule you for an emergency appointment just contact them via email and they will follow up,

have a copy or statement from the hospital or who is treating your son to confirm the emergency, and attach in your email

Reactions: canuck78