+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to apply to restore status as a worker after receiving ITA while a visitor?

Cookie13

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Is this possible?

Just say you were on a work visa, originally applied for a BOWP but it did not go through and had to restore status as a visitor. But received an ITA for PR through Express Entry, can you restore status as a worker and can work legally again? Or do you just have to wait for a resolution on PR application?

Finding it hard to find information on this question online, thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is this possible?

Just say you were on a work visa, originally applied for a BOWP but it did not go through and had to restore status as a visitor. But received an ITA for PR through Express Entry, can you restore status as a worker and can work legally again? Or do you just have to wait for a resolution on PR application?

No - you cannot restore your status to worker. You will have to wait untll your PR application is finalized and you become a PR before you will be able to work.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Is this possible?

You need to apply for Restoration as a visitor.

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
You cannot restore a previous status. It has to be that you restore the most recently expired status(visitor).

brokenira

Feb 27, 2020
I was in a similar situation as you do/did. My PGWP expired in the beginning of Jan this year and I applied to extend my stay as a visitor on the same day. Exactly 3 months after my PGWP expired, I submitted my PR application then submitted a work permit restoration application right away.
2 months later, today, I received a message indicates that my work permit has been approved.

I wouldnt say yours will be approved indefinitely, but there is a chance that yours might be approved just like mine did

Last edited: