+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IS it ok to withdraw application and go to border for PGWP

Santhu7878

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
I have applied my pgwp online on august 27th. But becoz of my spouse visa is going to expire on 30 November, we both went to border on 12th November to flagpole. The officer asked me why you want to pgwp at border. I explained the situation that my employer is asking me for work permit. Then he saw my online application and asked me did you apply online? Then told him yes and its getting delay in processing times. Then he asked me official transcripts which is sealed got from college and my job offe and payslips. He saw everything for 20 minutes and told me that it gonna cost u 340 cad and it will not be refunded if its rejected. Then i told him i will pay. Then he issued work permit for me. Later i paid 340 again for my spouse also. She also got 3 years of wp. I withdrew my application yesterday through web form and applied for refund.

ehsan3001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Toronto
I have applied my pgwp online on august 27th. But becoz of my spouse visa is going to expire on 30 November, we both went to border on 12th November to flagpole. The officer asked me why you want to pgwp at border. I explained the situation that my employer is asking me for work permit. Then he saw my online application and asked me did you apply online? Then told him yes and its getting delay in processing times. Then he asked me official transcripts which is sealed got from college and my job offe and payslips. He saw everything for 20 minutes and told me that it gonna cost u 340 cad and it will not be refunded if its rejected. Then i told him i will pay. Then he issued work permit for me. Later i paid 340 again for my spouse also. She also got 3 years of wp. I withdrew my application yesterday through web form and applied for refund.
Thanks for sharing this...which border did you went?

Santhu7878

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Did you fill up any application forms ??
No. No need to fill any forms. Just cross the border and at USA they will ask for reason. Just tell them u r here for flagpole. Thats it. They will direct you to the office and wait for 20 min. They will give you one form with passport and redirect to canada border again. At canada border they will ask for passport. Give them the form as well. Then they will direct you to the office. Then officer will ask you the reason for flagpole and documents like official transcripts etc.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
No. No need to fill any forms. Just cross the border and at USA they will ask for reason. Just tell them u r here for flagpole. Thats it. They will direct you to the office and wait for 20 min. They will give you one form with passport and redirect to canada border again. At canada border they will ask for passport. Give them the form as well. Then they will direct you to the office. Then officer will ask you the reason for flagpole and documents like official transcripts etc.
Did they ask you any questions related to your studies, work part time full time etc ?

Santhu7878

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Did they ask you any questions related to your studies, work part time full time etc ?
Just asked me whether did i work illegally. I think they can see the information from our SIN. I told them NO. He checked documents for 20 min. Later he approved. The fee for this is 340 cad

ehsan3001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Toronto
I've already applied online for PGWP in August, but because of the long processing time I decided to go to the border and get my work permit immediately. So, I went to the border, Saint Bernard De Lacolle in Quebec, did flag-poling and successfully got my PGWP.
I arrived at the US border at 7:15 am. They asked me a few questions like why are you here, have you applied for US visa before, where you studied here and in your country and anywhere else, etc. Then the US officer gave me a refusal letter for entering the US (the document that you need to go back to the Canada border). Then I get back to the Canadian side and they asked me the same questions and guided me finally to the office to submit my documents. It was 8:15 am when I gave them the documents (official transcript, degree conferred letter , the degree itself, study permit, passport, etc.). They told me they would start processing at noon. They started at 11:45 am asking us to pay for the process and the work permit (CAD 255, my bio-metrics was still valid so I didn't pay for that). At 2:00 pm I got my work permit. The officer didn't ask me about my online application. Also I have one Leave of Absence on my transcript but it was in the summer which is considered a scheduled break at my university.
I hope my experience will help you.

Reactions: TanKin and amr1235h

Achechap

Star Member
Mar 1, 2021
Hello, Could you please tell me some more details about how to withdraw application? Just go to webform and select reason as "application withdrawl"?