+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it ok to travel outside Canada?

Raghunath Reddy

Nov 21, 2019
Hello members,

I need your opinion on whether I can travel outside Canada.
I applied for PR under CEC in September 2020 and I haven't heard from IRCC yet and my open work permit expires on May 8, 2022. Couple of weeks ago, I applied for Bridging Work Permit. So, my question is: Can I travel to India and come back on/before May 8, 2022 ? If I can travel and come back to Canada, does it impact my PR application?
Kindly let me know your thoughts and I really appreciate if you could reply.

rodymanners

Aug 11, 2021
why didn't you hear from them until now ! isn't it a lot ? 2 years you're saying

Last edited:

Raghunath Reddy

Nov 21, 2019
Technically 18 months I think. The last I heard from them is on November 3, 2020. I am not sure why IRCC is taking so long to process my application. I applied for GCMS notes in August 2021 and October 2021 and there is no difference between both the notes. I applied for one in November 2021 and I have not got it yet. I reached out to our local MP and they told me the same status on the one that is on my August/October 2021 GCMS notes. I could not get hold of call centre agents these days!!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How about contact CBSA whether they allow you to return to Canada on or berfore May 8, 2022? Unless India ban flights from Canada, you should be able to travel India.

arthurpono

Jan 6, 2020
Hello members,

I need your opinion on whether I can travel outside Canada.
I applied for PR under CEC in September 2020 and I haven't heard from IRCC yet and my open work permit expires on May 8, 2022. Couple of weeks ago, I applied for Bridging Work Permit. So, my question is: Can I travel to India and come back on/before May 8, 2022 ? If I can travel and come back to Canada, does it impact my PR application?
Kindly let me know your thoughts and I really appreciate if you could reply.

You cannot leave the country or you will loose the implied status.

You can find more information here.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/work-without-permit/authorization-work-without-work-permit-implied-status.html

If you leave the country you must stop your work the day your work permit expires.

Raghunath Reddy

Nov 21, 2019
You cannot leave the country or you will loose the implied status.

You can find more information here.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/work-without-permit/authorization-work-without-work-permit-implied-status.html

If you leave the country you must stop your work the day your work permit expires.
Thank you so much for your response! Does it still apply if I re-enter before May 8th, 2022 (original work permit expiration date)?

arthurpono

Jan 6, 2020
Thank you so much for your response! Does it still apply if I re-enter before May 8th, 2022 (original work permit expiration date)?
Until you do not have the PR card you are stuck in Canada. If you get the new work permit I do not know. I am in that situation now, I do have a new work permit and I do not know if I can leave the country because it has a clause " maintained status" that in the past was Implied status.