+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it ok not to mention my current employer in the Express Entry profile?

marosa

Oct 9, 2018
Armenia
NOC Code......
Hi All!

In case I do not yet wish to let my current employer know I am planning to move and my previous work experience was for more than 3 years, is it ok not to disclose my current employer? Or will it be considered as hiding information? And if so, will I be able to update that info after I receive an Invitation to apply? I’m really confused about this.

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
As long as the previous work experience is for the same NOC as your primary occupation (that you shall state in your application), and was acquired within the last 10 years - sure, its fine for you not to list your current employment.

It cannot be considered 'hiding information', since you shall list it in your personal history section.
Although others on this forum have changed their NOC after receiving an ITA, it might be safer to stick with the NOC that you shall state in your EE profile. So, if current job also aligns with the same NOC (and does not impact your CRS score i.e. is for the same or more duration) then you are free to update your work experience after ITA in your e-APR.

Last edited:
Reactions: marosa

marosa

Oct 9, 2018
Armenia
NOC Code......
As long as the previous work experience is for the same NOC as your primary occupation (that you shall state in your application), and was acquired within the last 10 years - sure, its fine for you not to list your current employment.

It cannot be considered 'hiding information', since you shall list it in your personal history section.
Although others on this forum have changed their NOC after receiving an ITA, it might be safer to stick with the NOC that you shall state in your EE profile. So, if current job also aligns with the same NOC (and does not impact your CRS score i.e. is for the same or more duration) then you are free to update your work experience in after ITA in your e-APR.
The NOC is the same, so I guess I’m fine :)
Thank you so much!

welskein

Mar 23, 2020
You better not misrepresent your self, if caught then there is a Ban of 5 years
and why you are not capable of getting some papers from your current employer ??
you can demand experience letter any time -I demanded after I had left my job for 6 years, so it is doable, if you are confused then get help, if you are feeling sorry for your situation no one will help.
Go out there and grab your future, no one can stop you from getting what you want, Employer is obligated to give all the information regarding your Job, and that will help your application, as if you don’t provide “Experience Letter ”documents CIC will demand additional docs such as salary slip - or - letter from reporting manager -or- letter from colleague - so better not complicate situation
you are the only one who can help yourself, Gather the courage to get it done, or else you will have to gather the courage to grow in the current situation
Hope you take this answer Positively, you need to own your situation, gather your self and get it done
As SPOC says Live Long and Prosper
All the Best

marosa

Oct 9, 2018
Armenia
NOC Code......
Hi! Thanks for your response, but if caught doing what?

It’s not about pitying myself neither it’s about the employer not giving me the letter I need. I simply don’t want to quit my job before the process is completed and I don’t want to give my employer a notice of 6 months either. :rolleyes: If I request the letter now, they will know I plan to move and this may affect my promotion and some other aspects, too.

You better not misrepresent your self, if caught then there is a Ban of 5 years
and why you are not capable of getting some papers from your current employer ??
you can demand experience letter any time -I demanded after I had left my job for 6 years, so it is doable, if you are confused then get help, if you are feeling sorry for your situation no one will help.
Go out there and grab your future, no one can stop you from getting what you want, Employer is obligated to give all the information regarding your Job, and that will help your application, as if you don’t provide “Experience Letter ”documents CIC will demand additional docs such as salary slip - or - letter from reporting manager -or- letter from colleague - so better not complicate situation
you are the only one who can help yourself, Gather the courage to get it done, or else you will have to gather the courage to grow in the current situation
Hope you take this answer Positively, you need to own your situation, gather your self and get it done
As SPOC says Live Long and Prosper
All the Best

welskein

Mar 23, 2020
Hi! Thanks for your response, but if caught doing what?

It’s not about pitying myself neither it’s about the employer not giving me the letter I need. I simply don’t want to quit my job before the process is completed and I don’t want to give my employer a notice of 6 months either. :rolleyes: If I request the letter now, they will know I plan to move and this may affect my promotion and some other aspects, too.
Will get more clarity in coming days.

SRIL1705

Feb 19, 2021
I have total 7 years of experience and next month mid i will be moving to a new role internally.. I recently submitted my oinp profile. My question is should I update my profile when i will be moving to my new role and is it necessary to get the exp letter for the new role when I receive my ITA? I would not prefer asking for my letter and informing my manager and anyways my exp in the new role would be less than 1 year. Please advise.