+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it misrepresentation?

willi240

Aug 28, 2017
I want to ask specifically about the question ' Have __ applied for Express Entry before?'. I answered YES and I gave my old profile numbers. After I received the ITA I left the profile numbers in the Permanent ResidenceResid along with a number I had for PR inanother category. I now understand after submission of my application that my answer to that question is wrong because getting an EE profile is not the same as applying for Express Entry.

Because I answered yes would this be considered misrepresentation?

Any assistance you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I want to ask specifically about the question ' Have __ applied for Express Entry before?'. I answered YES and I gave my old profile numbers. After I received the ITA I left the profile numbers in the Permanent ResidenceResid along with a number I had for PR inanother category. I now understand after submission of my application that my answer to that question is wrong because getting an EE profile is not the same as applying for Express Entry.

Because I answered yes would this be considered misrepresentation?

Any assistance you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Rather than misrepresentation this is simply a mistake.

Mohammad Wally

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
This is for all those people who is misinterpreting about misrepresentation. Misrepresentation is something which you hide throughout your entire application. I also didn't include my work experience on my study permit and applied for my PR based on that. I gave them a LOE saying why i didn't mention it. If you say something upfront that is not misrepresentation. It will be if you try to hide it. My application is in IP2 and I will let you guys know what exactly is happening. Till then, don't consider everything as a misrepresentation. Your history with IRCC is like a profile. You have to update it for every new application.

macraven007

Nov 18, 2023
This is for all those people who is misinterpreting about misrepresentation. Misrepresentation is something which you hide throughout your entire application. I also didn't include my work experience on my study permit and applied for my PR based on that. I gave them a LOE saying why i didn't mention it. If you say something upfront that is not misrepresentation. It will be if you try to hide it. My application is in IP2 and I will let you guys know what exactly is happening. Till then, don't consider everything as a misrepresentation. Your history with IRCC is like a profile. You have to update it for every new application.
Any update?