+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it just COPR needed for landing?

anyhopeforme

Aug 8, 2014
Hi guys,

my visa office said they will be mailing the COPR for my husband and son. My husband however is from a country that requires visas to visit Canada. Do they not ask for passports for stamping anymore? Or will those instructions be with the COPR documents?

Thanks.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
what country is your husband is from? the COPR is the approval paper which will be used at landing. if he requires a visa, his passport needs to be sent for counterfoil processing. i'm not sure he'll be able to successfully land without it. Especially if he is not currently in canada and needs to travel to canada to land. More than likely if he requires a visa to travel to canada, the airline will not allow him to board without the proper counterfoil in the passport.

if he requires a visa, then they should have been sent a passport request so he can send his passport in for the counterfoil. I would highly recommend either re-reading the information the visa office sent, and confirming that your husband didn't also receive an email about his passport. If it still doesn't reference sending in the passport for processing, send a case specific enquiry asking for clarification.

anyhopeforme

Aug 8, 2014
Thanks, that's what I thought. I will wait to see the actual package and any instructions. My husband has a Cuban passport