+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it good to submit an application right after reaching 1095 days

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keesio said:
Having a few days padding is a good idea. I read at least once case of someone applying at 1095 days and then realizing afterwards they forgot a trip and was panicking if they should let CIC know or try to hide it.

Unless you carefully logged every trip, it is good to have a week or two of padding.
Its a very gd advice, thanks. i did carefully record every absence but wait 1 more month wont hurt cuz have already waited for so long. but i want to have the CBSA report ready to file for an application and that takes 1 full month or more. so now my expected submission date is july.
anyway, it is good CIC has held many many big citizenship ceremonies to clean backlog so the new processing time for new applicants is shorter

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rayman_m said:
I believe you don't need anything as your residence calculator will show '0' days absent. All you need to submit the CIC asked documents with proof of work (send T4 and Notice Of Assessments for 3 years). I just read in other thread CIC asked NOA documents from an applicant who passed interview.
can you post the link of the thread? thus it is a good idea to provide as much supporting documents as you can to prove residence.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
can you post the link of the thread? thus it is a good idea to provide as much supporting documents as you can to prove residence.
Well, here in this forum there is different opinions. Some suggests to send additional supporting documents, some are in opinion of just to send what CIC is asking in the guide. However, in recent 02-2014 changes in application, CIC has added the 6.F Work History where applicant must submit work documents but it does not say what kind of documents would be fine.

In my assessment, I find CIC in fact would be looking for Notice Of Assessments for last 3 to 4 years which is actually a strong proof for a applicant to show that he/she was living in Canada and filed income tax. As you know under the new law CIC will eventually make mandatory submission of NOA with application. So, perhaps they started to implement this part of the changes from Feb-2014. Many applicant may say employer letter, T4 etc will be fine but without NOA work proof may not be completed in CIC eyes..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/documentary-evidance-of-residancy-with-a-form-cit-520-102013-e-t184239.0.html

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rayman_m said:
Well, here in this forum there is different opinions. Some suggests to send additional supporting documents, some are in opinion of just to send what CIC is asking in the guide. However, in recent 02-2014 changes in application, CIC has added the 6.F Work History where applicant must submit work documents but it does not say what kind of documents would be fine.

In my assessment, I find CIC in fact would be looking for Notice Of Assessments for last 3 to 4 years which is actually a strong proof for a applicant to show that he/she was living in Canada and filed income tax. As you know under the new law CIC will eventually make mandatory submission of NOA with application. So perhaps they started to implement this part of the changes from Feb-2014. Many applicant may say employer letter, T4 etc will be fine but without NOA work proof may not completed in CIC eyes..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/documentary-evidance-of-residancy-with-a-form-cit-520-102013-e-t184239.0.html
Rayman, u reminded me. I was helping a friend to submit their citizenship application and work history was no where to be found.But last week i downloaded the application kit and start filling, it required work history. i guess they have changed the form so once again, its good to submit more than they ask. I dun think it will hurt cuz they will simply choose what they need , ignore what they dont.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
U4G5, Yes, you may send some additional but not overdo it. I think if there is a few travel in the passport then may send passport pages with entry stamps and a simple lease/land title copy of the house. And with new application in any case there is additional documents under 6.F. I hope your friend has last 3 years NOA along with T4 if any. I am self employed, I will only submit NOA..

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rayman_m said:
U4G5, Yes, you may send some additional but not overdo it. I think if there is a few travel in the passport then may send passport pages with entry stamps and a simple lease/land title copy of the house. And with new application in any case there is additional documents under 6.F. I hope your friend has last 3 years NOA along with T4 if any. I am self employed, I will only submit NOA..
out of curious, if u r self-employed, how do u fill out 6.F? thanks.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
out of curious, if u r self-employed, how do u fill out 6.F? thanks.
I am in real estate development so I will write "Real Estate Development" under "Work/Education" and "Self (attached work details) under "Employer Name". I will attach a letter explaining the activity I do related to my work. Will add some documents such as property title/city documents and NOA.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rayman_m said:
I am in real estate development so I will write "Real Estate Development" under "Work/Education" and "Self (attached work details) under "Employer Name". I will attach a letter explaining the activity I do related to my work. Will add some documents such as property title/city documents and NOA.
Thanks! sure u will get urs soon cuz sounds like u have submitted a very detailed application.

MR Stephen Harper

Jan 12, 2014
rayman_m said:
PROVIDE ONLY. THE REQUIRED INFO...NO NEED FOR MAMBO JAMBO AND STACKS OF DOCUMENTS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN ASKED FOR NO NEEDED.PLEASE,READ THE CIC INSTRUCTION GUIDE.www.cic.gc.ca

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mr. Harper, What are the documents for self employed people to submit? Do you have any advise? NOA is the only credible document shows income proof..

MR Stephen Harper

Jan 12, 2014
rayman_m said:
Mr. Harper, What are the documents for self employed people to submit? Do you have any advise? NOA is the only credible document shows income proof..
You dont need to provide documents that have not been asked for.Your document checklists ONLY. Asks you to provide documents that are listed on it.Fullstop! Write "SELF EMPLOYED REAL ESTATE DEVELOPER!" Have your business registration copies,hydro bills,tax forms available IF ASKED! Besides,as a real estate developer arent u exoerianced in paperwork and legal documentation? I personally dont believe you are a self employed real estate developer,you would be having your lawyer fill out your immigration form rather than on this site where i noticed a LOTof plle dont bother to read the CIC instruction guide! Anyway,thats my 2 cents.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your advise here totally wrong. Let me correct you.

There is two category of self-employed. One is who has business registration and run a business with HST, business bank accounts etc. Other is people who does not have business registration but they work in their own and receive income or make payment under their personal name. In both case CRA has provision to declare income and pay taxes if any.

An individual who buys and sale investment properties under their own name (there is many immigrant who is involved) and end of the year file their income tax including submitting a separate form for capital gain tax. Similarly an individual who does the activities (it could be buying property or other nature under the company name), they file taxes together with their business income/expenses.

I think you have not read the 02-2014 application section 6.F where it says if you have worked in last 4 years you have to submit the work documents. Self employed people will submit their Notice of Assessment which confirms the work and income (no matter from what sources)..

Again with limited knowledge please don't tell people where to go for filing their application. It looks you just joined in this forum and you still have miles to go before you are eligible provide some one with credible advises..

MR Stephen Harper

Jan 12, 2014
rayman_m said:
Your advise here totally wrong. Let me correct you.

There is two category of self-employed. One is who has business registration and run a business with HST, business bank accounts etc. Other is people who does not have business registration but they work in their own and receive income or make payment under their personal name. In both case CRA has provision to declare income and pay taxes if any.

An individual who buys and sale investment properties under their own name (there is many immigrant who is involved) and end of the year file their income tax including submitting a separate form for capital gain tax. Similarly an individual who does the activities (it could be buying property or other nature under the company name), they file taxes together with their business income/expenses.

I think you have not read the 02-2014 application section 6.F where it says if you have worked in last 4 years you have to submit the work documents. Self employed people will submit their Notice of Assessment which confirms the work and income (no matter from what sources)..

Again with limited knowledge please don't tell people where to go for filing their application. It looks you just joined in this forum and miles to go before you provide some one with credible advise..

My only advice is to read the guide and provide documents asked of u,only.You gave me a whole cermon of the proffession you claim to be involved in of which i didnt ask for and certainly CIC doesnt care for.Write what the instruction guide tells you and thats it.Follow the instructions they have set out and thats all.Thats my advice.Now what is a "selfemployed real estate developer" doing on a forum like this?? Wouldnt you be consulting your lawyer?? Lol...can you see how your story doesnt tally here?Anyway,its your choice...a smart "real estate developer" knows the importance of following instructions and consulting with the Right pple with credentials and pple you know who also know pple,lol.

parlvu

Mar 7, 2014
Don't feed the troll.

To the original poster, to show employment records, I think you need your NOAs, and any other documents showing that you're a real estate developer, etc. Photocopies of your license, etc, would help.

Do you have a company name? Or a lawyer? Chartered Accountant? Maybe get your lawyer, partner or someone in your company to write a letter on your behalf.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, Stop here advising me. I was responding a post of u4g5 on his question (out of curious, if u r self-employed, how do u fill out 6.F?).

I just shared with u4g5 how I will fill the section 6.F as a self employed (as I discussed my case with CIC agent). Check my earlier posts in this thread..