+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it gonna affect getting my PGWP after doing my masters?

Jan 20, 2020
Hi,

I have the following situation:

1) I arrived in Canada in May 2019 and obtained my study permit for a 2 years Masters Program. Once I realized that its gonna be bit intensive than regular Fall and Winter, I informed my university that I need an extension for a year upto Spring/Summar 2020, which I obtained from the university ( the Uni is listed as a DLI). After two weeks of staying in Canada without formally registering for classes, I returned home. FYI, I didnt apply for SIN nor did work during this two weeks.

2) In December 2019, I came again and this time, I obtained my SIN, made payments to my university to register myself for the classes in Winter 2020 term. I intend to finish it within 2 years by taking minimum number of courses required for international students.

3) My question is, since I didnt officially initiate my studies before Winter 2020 and after entering Canada in May 2019, I left the country within two weeks w/out working, would I be eligible for PGWP when I finish my studies?

Your insight would lift a lot of stress.

And finally, as an aside, what is flagpoling?

Thanks in advance for patient reading and perhaps helping me to alleviate my concerns.

Jan 20, 2020
by the way, I spent my 15 days in Canada during that time by site seeing, so that I donot need to change my ticket date and pay hefty fees