+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it going to be too late for me to apply for the study permit?

xXAlharereXx

Mar 16, 2018
So I'm going to receive my letter of acceptance from both Carleton University and the University Of Guelph in the mid of May. I'm going to apply for the study permit at the start of June.
My course starts in September (Fall Intake)

Would it be late for me to apply? in cic, it says the processing time for my country is 5 weeks.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
It shouldn't be too late if you submit your application early in time in June, and since CIC says the processing time for your country is 5weeks and besides, which country you from and which Visa office you submitting?.. but I will advise you to try to submit on time as soon as the offer letter comes because there are always heavy traffic of application at the CIC offices especially for September intakes

Start putting your documents together now to avoid any further delay.. Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: Al Saudi

xXAlharereXx

Mar 16, 2018
It shouldn't be too late if you submit your application early in time in June, and since CIC says the processing time for your country is 5weeks and besides, which country you from and which Visa office you submitting?.. but I will advise you to try to submit on time as soon as the offer letter comes because there are always heavy traffic of application at the CIC offices especially for September intakes

Start putting your documents together now to avoid any further delay.. Good luck
Im from syria and Im a resident in Kuwait. I will apply from Kuwait

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Remember 5 weeks is an estimate. Apply as soon as possible. Your case will be quite difficult given it will be assumed that you will land and apply for asylum.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
..like i said before, start putting your documents in order and apply immediately you get your offer letter then keep your fingers crossed and pray

Last edited:

xXAlharereXx

Mar 16, 2018
..I like said before, start putting your documents in order and apply immediately your get your offer letter then keep your fingers crossed and pray
Can I apply if the offer I have is a conditional offer and the university is waiting for my final high-school grades? (Which is why it is conditional)