+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it easier for USA green card holder to get student visa to canada?

Markus1

Dec 30, 2011
Hi,

What are the chances of USA green card holder to get student visa to Canada?
I 've been living in USA for 15 years,
I'm single,but i have a house and I'm also a self employed construction worker
I just want to try something new , and I have decided to study in Canada,maybe learn a new trade (Welder,mechanic,construction management) 1-2 year school in Canada. If I like it there ,i may even apply for PR after studying and working for a while.

Thank you

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Markus1 said:
Hi,

What are the chances of USA green card holder to get student visa to Canada?
I 've been living in USA for 15 years,
I'm single,but i have a house and I'm also a self employed construction worker
I just want to try something new , and I have decided to study in Canada,maybe learn a new trade (Welder,mechanic,construction management) 1-2 year school in Canada. If I like it there ,i may even apply for PR after studying and working for a while.

Thank you
trade skill is needed in canada and more over US green card holders have a better chance ...that just my opinion

Markus1

Dec 30, 2011
mead said:
trade skill is needed in canada and more over US green card holders have a better chance ...that just my opinion
Inst it gonna look weird for Canadian immigration ,that a 35year old self employed wants to study in canada in a trade school or a 1-2 year college?

I like it here in the usa,,,but after 15years of 70/h a week,,,,I just need a break,,,,that's the whole motivation,,,,

Would i need a really strong support letter to get a student visa?
thanks

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
so are doctors, engineers and many other professions beautifully mentioned in the immigration website. The reality is very different, most professionals are either unemployed unable to find jobs cause their education and work experience is not recognized or mopping the floors at mcdonalds at minimum wage cause hunger is knocking at the door. I will advise you to reconsider your decision.

Markus1

Dec 30, 2011
newtone said:
so are doctors, engineers and many other professions beautifully mentioned in the immigration website. The reality is very different, most professionals are either unemployed unable to find jobs cause their education and work experience is not recognized or mopping the floors at mcdonalds at minimum wage cause hunger is knocking at the door. I will advise you to reconsider your decision.
My problem is not lack of work ,,,but too much work,,,I'm highly skilled construction worker ,,,and I've never ever been without a job past 15 years that pays at least $25/h,,,,I'm more concerned about how migration will look at my student visa application,

I don't care much about working in canada,,,,I just want to study and travel,

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as you have money, ties to USA, and prove your skills match the education you have and want to study further you should not have a problem

Markus1

Dec 30, 2011
newtone said:
As long as you have money, ties to USA, and prove your skills match the education you have and want to study further you should not have a problem
thanks

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
newtone said:
well that is true for people who have experience from outside north american continent ....US and canadian trade skill r kinda same so doesnt apply in OP's case......construction workers from asian countries have totally different experience as compared to US or canada hence the problem. same goes for other professionals.......anyways OP just wants to study and has green card so I said that VO wont have a problem as OP has good trade skills and has a green card and has less chance of immigrating to canada.