+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is it better to apply for work permit with my application for spous sponsorship?

dentistusa

Star Member
Apr 9, 2009
Hello guys..

i want to know if it is good to apply for work permit at the same time my Canadian wife will sponsor me and we will apply next week?

is it a good idea to apply for work permit from now or i should wait until i will be there hopefully?

is there any one has experience about this?

by the way i am in USA with temporary student visa and i married my wife here and she came back to Canada to sponsor me?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dentistusa said:
HELLO

No one replied ....please i appreciate your help .

Thanks
1. IF you are applying outside Canada, you would have to get an LMO from an employer in Canada and then apply for a work permit.
2. IF you are applying for "in Canada" spousal application, then you submit the work permit request with the application to Vegreville, once you receive AIP (5/6 months) then you will get a work permit.

PMM

dentistusa

Star Member
Apr 9, 2009
PMM said:
Hi

dentistusa said:
HELLO

Thanks
1. IF you are applying outside Canada, you would have to get an LMO from an employer in Canada and then apply for a work permit.
2. IF you are applying for "in Canada" spousal application, then you submit the work permit request with the application to Vegreville, once you receive AIP (5/6 months) then you will get a work permit.

PMM

Thank you PMM...

i will apply outside Canada(i am international Libyan student in USA)

so what is LMO ?

can you explain more please

Thanks again

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dentistusa said:
PMM said:
Hi

dentistusa said:
HELLO

Thanks

PMM

Thank you PMM...

i will apply outside Canada(i am international Libyan student in USA)

so what is LMO ?

can you explain more please

Thanks again
It is a Labour Market Opinion that an employer applies to Services Canada that they have been unable to find Canadians or PRs for the position, that they have advertised in the National Job Bank for 2 weeks, have to meet normal salary, and have to give reasons why the Canadians or PRs were not suitable.

PMM