+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it allowed to change employers while Express Entry application is processing?

May 21, 2022
So I'm currently on a closed work permit working for my employer in BC. It was LMIA exempt because It was an intra-transfer as I worked for the same employer in the US and they transferred me to the BC office. I moved to BC in Aug 2020 and have been living and working here since and once I had 1 year of Canadian experience in Aug 2021 they have submitted a BC PNP and Express Entry application. I believe its an Inland FSW type but I'm not sure, the AOR does not mention the category. My employer's lawyers are handling everything so I can't log in and check. My timeline is like:

July 2021 - BC PNP Approved

Sept 2021 - Express Entry Submitted, AOR Received

April 2022 - Medical Passed

Currently my Express Entry's status is pending background check and it hasn't had any updates since April. I don't need any biometrics as I already had submitted it for my work permit.

I have recently received another job offer which I would like to accept, but can I join the new company without forfeiting my existing Express Entry application? I don't want to start the process over as I have already been waiting for so long.

I'm not sure if there's a way to just transfer my Express Entry and BC PNP information to my new employer before I start?

Would it be advisable to just wait it out with my current employer until I get my CoPR?

How long does it usually take from medical passing and CoPR?

Please let me know if you have any information.