+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it advisable to prefer online classes?

Apr 10, 2019
Hi,
I got admission @ Queens-Smith school of business for MMA program for Jan 2021 intake. The univ office encourages to proceed with fee payment and visa application. During this pandemic situation, VFS is not operational and even if we get visa processed online classes are prevalent these days. If we take-up more than 50% of the course online, then the student is not eligible for PGWP. In this current state, is it advisable to proceed with the course and fee payment? Anyone in the same situation or dealing with the university/program.. please share your thoughts.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Yes, I am in the same situation. For me summer and fall will be online and the 2 following semesters after will be in person. It is a risk but these programs only have 1 intake a year. For me, it was an easy decision as I would be wasting a year doing nothing otherwise. Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith

Apr 10, 2019
Hard to predict so far in advance. Hopefully things will be good and in person study is possible. In masters programs being in class is very beneficial.
Yes, thats another thought. Hoping for the travel ban to be uplifted by Jan and hoping for in person classes to resume.

Apr 10, 2019
Yes, I am in the same situation. For me summer and fall will be online and the 2 following semesters after will be in person. It is a risk but these programs only have 1 intake a year. For me, it was an easy decision as I would be wasting a year doing nothing otherwise. Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith
Leap of Faith - i am about to reach there. Btw, are you a local there? Sounds like you're taking up a 2yrs program. With MMA (Masters in Management Analytics) there are 2 intakes - May and Jan.

God's plan

Jul 6, 2020
Yes i got acceptance letter. But VFS/Visa application centers/Biometric centers are all closed. With the delay in visa process I am skeptical to accept the offer.
I think the centers were closed primarily due to the pandemic.why are you being skeptic? Or will you be denie after reopening?

rajedd

Jul 8, 2020
I am curious to know about the funds required now to apply for study permit due to covid 19 since I am expected to do classes online from home country

Raman91

Dec 11, 2019
I am curious to know about the funds required now to apply for study permit due to covid 19 since I am expected to do classes online from home country
I also want to know the same thing, as my course will be fully online for 1st semester (starting from September)

So showing GIC + paying 1st semester fees is enough? As we will be attending classes from our home country, so basically we are saving 3K to 4k GIC, will visa officers consider it?

Somebody please answer this!

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
I also want to know the same thing, as my course will be fully online for 1st semester (starting from September)

So showing GIC + paying 1st semester fees is enough? As we will be attending classes from our home country, so basically we are saving 3K to 4k GIC, will visa officers consider it?

Somebody please answer this!
Don't risk it. Make sure you still show enough for 1 year's living expenses.