+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it advisable to prefer online classes?

Apr 10, 2019
I think the centers were closed primarily due to the pandemic.why are you being skeptic? Or will you be denie after reopening?
Skeptic because, if we accept offer, we have to pay tuition (which isnot refundable). After fee is paid, online classes are done. If online classes are more than 6 months, then PGWP eligibility is not there.

Apr 10, 2019
IRCC has already confirmed that online learning that is done due to covid will not affect PGWP.
No, you will find this if you skim through the IRCC webpages, but if you dig in you can find that PGWP is eligible only if you study abroad for atleast one year. Any less than one year - PGWP is not eligible. So mine being a 1 yr program i cannot afford online classes for 6 months from home town.

Apr 10, 2019
I think the centers were closed primarily due to the pandemic.why are you being skeptic? Or will you be denie after reopening?
No question of denial after reopening. Its just that if i study online, PGWP permit is not applicable. Hence the dilemma. ANyway am asking for a deferral to next intake . lets see how it goes.

Apr 10, 2019
I wish what you said is true. i can recheck with my sources.
Ignore it, it's completely not legit. There are covid related changes that have been announced, where time spent online distance learning due to covid will be counted when applying for pgwp.
Here you go - the extract from the email i received from the University - i guess people planning for 1yr program (partially online) must think about this -

"Another point is that if you wish to apply for a Post-Graduate Work Permit at the end of your program of study only the study time that was completed while holding/being approved for a study permit will be counted towards the potential length of the PGWP. This is especially import to Master’s degree students. If your master degree is a 2-year degree, you are qualified for 3-year PGWP. But you have completed part of your degree before your study permit approval, your study time for PGWP will be counted from the date your have your study permit approval which will be less than 2 years in total. Then your PGWP will have the equal length, not 3 years. If your program is supposed to be one year and you have studied 6 months before your study permit approval, then the rest of your program would less than 8 months which will not be qualified for PGWP at all. "

However if there is any changes to this, i will be glad to know as well. Please check with your respective universities as well.

Last edited:

ABMhatre

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Here you go - the extract from the email i received from the University - i guess people planning for 1yr program (partially online) must think about this -

"Another point is that if you wish to apply for a Post-Graduate Work Permit at the end of your program of study only the study time that was completed while holding/being approved for a study permit will be counted towards the potential length of the PGWP. This is especially import to Master’s degree students. If your master degree is a 2-year degree, you are qualified for 3-year PGWP. But you have completed part of your degree before your study permit approval, your study time for PGWP will be counted from the date your have your study permit approval which will be less than 2 years in total. Then your PGWP will have the equal length, not 3 years. If your program is supposed to be one year and you have studied 6 months before your study permit approval, then the rest of your program would less than 8 months which will not be qualified for PGWP at all. "

However if there is any changes to this, i will be glad to know as well. Please check with your respective universities as well.
I think you should re read this..
This mentions study permit approval and not studying within Canada for as you have written earlier in your comments.. There is no reference in this about your statement that ‘one has to study atleast 1 year from within Canada’. It states that the study length should be atleast above 8 months after ‘study permit approval’..
So even if you start 1 year course online from India after approval and complete 1 semester here and the rest from Canada you would get complete 1 yr PGWP..
Since you are a Masters student one would assume you should be able to read and understand simple English..
Please don’t be ignorant and spread false information..
Thank you