+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it acceptable to provide proof of contact( Whatsapp specifically) from the sponsor's device?

Luv4all88

Star Member
Oct 21, 2023
My wife is outside Canada, so I am trying to compile all our proof of contact into PDF. I am little bit confused here because I (the sponsor) have already gathered about 100 Whatsapp screenshots of our history from my phone since our marriage 2 years ago. These include about 50 whatsapp chat screenshots and about 50 screenshots are of voice/video calls and some of Whatsapp Videos sent to me by my wife (mostly of our daughter). But I am just wondering now if they must be from the applicant or both or is the sponsor's screenshots are enough(I will obviously take the screenshot of my wife's contact details in whatsapp that displays the phone number and display pic and get my wife to do the same by sending me pic of my details from her phone ) I need to get my chats translated so I'm hoping someone can clear this confusion for me. Thanks

thatstupiddeer

Jan 24, 2023
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-10-2022
AOR Received.
05-01-2023
Med's Request
12-01-2023
Med's Done....
24-01-2023
Passport Req..
26-02-2024
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2024
I am/was the sponsor for my wife, and I took all of the screenshots from my phone/pc for our application. I'm not sure it matters too much whose device they come from, so long as it is clear who is who. For example, the screenshots from our iMessage texts, her photo was above her name, or on Discord--our main way of talking--we temporarily set our names to our real names for the purpose of taking screenshots.

As long as it's clear who is who, it's not an issue. They just want to see that you and your partner have been in communication.

Houa

Mar 3, 2024
Yup, above poster is about right. As long as it shows both of you and your wife communication. For my application, I actually FORGOT (LOL) to attach our messenger conversations when submitted and still got my PR approved. Our application basically has no conversations attached beside photos only haha.

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
I also captured and printed the conversations in FB messenger mainly from my device (I'm the sponsor) and we got PPR now. There is no issue as long as both are on it and not everyone thinks of saving the conversations. I submitted just 10 pages handpicking snippets of more important discussions since the start.