+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it a must to send a physical letter to CIC if I missed the test?

success2016

Jul 13, 2016
Or can I just contact them via the web form?

I missed the test due to wrong address the letter was sent to. As soon as I became aware of this issue I updated my address on CIC website and also sent them web form explaining what happened. I got an email back saying my message will be sent to the relevant department and will contact me ONLY if they have further questions.

Does anyone have an accurate answer as to if I MUST send them a physical letter to explain my issue even if I already sent them an explanation on the web form? Or will they send me a new test date letter to the updated correct address automatically? I am in Asia right now and difficult to send out a letter.

Any other suggestions in this case?

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Is it a must to send a physical letter to CIC if I missed the tes

Send it or not you will receive final notice to appear in test only matter is don't miss final chance.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
success2016 said:
Or can I just contact them via the web form?

I missed the test due to wrong address the letter was sent to. As soon as I became aware of this issue I updated my address on CIC website and also sent them web form explaining what happened. I got an email back saying my message will be sent to the relevant department and will contact me ONLY if they have further questions.

Does anyone have an accurate answer as to if I MUST send them a physical letter to explain my issue even if I already sent them an explanation on the web form? Or will they send me a new test date letter to the updated correct address automatically? I am in Asia right now and difficult to send out a letter.

Any other suggestions in this case?
Here is a helpful link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=910&top=5