+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is IRCC running as per 6 months time line to process express entry application nowadays?

pk22891

Nov 21, 2020
wanted to check has anyone received their PPR within 6 months after the march application? I am getting mixed information on this matter while some say IRCC is under a tremendous workload that they are taking more than 9 to 10 months to process outland applications others are claiming to have seen people getting their PPR in 6 months time.....so wanted to check from someone who has actually received her/his golden email within 6 months after march i.e. when lockdowns being started hitting across countries. It would be great if people can share their timeline on this page so many people like me having the same question can get accurate answers:)

Reactions: felix-m

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
wanted to check has anyone received their PPR within 6 months after the march application? I am getting mixed information on this matter while some say IRCC is under a tremendous workload that they are taking more than 9 to 10 months to process outland applications others are claiming to have seen people getting their PPR in 6 months time.....so wanted to check from someone who has actually received her/his golden email within 6 months after march i.e. when lockdowns being started hitting across countries. It would be great if people can share their timeline on this page so many people like me having the same question can get accurate answers:)
All about how the pandemic is effecting immigration processing times, can be found here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

Reactions: pk22891

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Well, I received my PPR within a bit less than 3 months. Applied in August this year. I'm not the only one. But some people have been waiting a long time. So I think it's also a matter of luck, in a way. Maybe it depends on the VO as well and their workload...It's quite hard to tell.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Well, I received my PPR within a bit less than 3 months. Applied in August this year. I'm not the only one. But some people have been waiting a long time. So I think it's also a matter of luck, in a way. Maybe it depends on the VO as well and their workload...It's quite hard to tell.
Every application of course is unique so some take longer than others even pre Covid let alone with Covid. Also keep in mind that for example background checks or other checks that require any out of Canada investigation can also take longer given COVID is of course a WW issue so other country agencies are also likely affected when comes to any responses.

pk22891

Nov 21, 2020
were you in Canada or have you ever been to Canada before?

Thanks

Ranger91

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020

Hi did you recieve your copr?

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Nope the average processing time in 2019 was 9 months as per the official IRCC released stats.

You would see many being approved within 3-6 months but it doesn't change the fact that the average time was 9 months in 2019 , in 2020 after the pandemic it is still a true estimation , however due to the travel ban it doesn't matter if you are approved in 3; 6 or 12 months as most would not be able to land , people are optimistic and hopefull to see the ban lifted by the summer 2021 .. remain to be seen if it will happen.. before or even... after .. :D