+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is ingerprints always required?

mjakubow

Mar 25, 2010
Hi, I'm nominated for PR from Alberta, already submitted application to Buffalo, got file number and medical exam done and sent to Ottawa. I actually live over 2 years in Alberta and I have not been in my country through this time. I've submitted to Buffalo police certificate from my country with my application. Do I need the same certificate or fingerprints from Canada or not?
If yes, can I do it now to get it faster or I have to wait for Buffalo visa office requirements?
(By the way: my case was sent from Buffalo to Los Angeles to expedite processing but they also informed me that for the next 90 days nothing is going to change with my application. Is anybody met that before?)

medallion67

Mar 22, 2009
hi to everybody
could somebody please answer? i also need to know if i really need to do fingerprinting or rcmp clearance here in canada. im a skilled worker in alberta canada for almost 3 years, ainp employer driven approved, already sent PR application, fees already paid and encashed by cic buffalo, now just waiting for medical request. so i hope somebody would be so kind to share their expertise regarding this matter....
thanks in advance