+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Immigration consultant really required for PR for canada ?

rajrajraj89

Dec 18, 2018
Hi

I was wondering if immigration consultants are really required for migrating towards canada for a Indian Citizen.
What is the difference going for consultant and applying on our own?

If a mistake has happened and got rejected, Then can a immigration consultant represent after that rejection ?

safarizone

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
If you know how to read English and you have a brain, you can learn enough on this forum to successfully submit your documents. If you're an idiot, go for these "consultants".

But no. The immigration "consultant" will not represent you. If they make a mistake, you will suffer the consequences. And from what I've seen here, many of these "consultants" are not professional, qualified, or competent.

I would suggest that you evaluate your situation, see how complicated the document requirements would be, and make your decision based on that. Again, if your situation is not too complicated and you're not an idiot, you would be better off learning how to do it yourself.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi

I was wondering if immigration consultants are really required for migrating towards canada for a Indian Citizen.

If a mistake has happened and got rejected, Then can a immigration consultant represent after that rejection ?
It's your personal choice but not required.

Consultant can't make any difference in speed up or processing of application. They will basically only check your filled forms (remember 99 % consultant will ask you to fill the forms yourself). Good consultants definitely have better knowledge of rules and regulations and can guide you better. If you have enough time to spend in reading and have good search skills you can find each and everything online.

Its your choice not a requirement & Finally no they can't represent you in case of rejection.

Good Luck

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Hi

If you've a complex case, I'd suggest to go for one- particularly an immigration 'lawyer' rather than a consultant. Lawyers can appeal against decisions in a court of law in Canada, and would be better equipped in such situations.

In all other circumstances, please do it yourself unless you're super busy and have no time at all :)

amittan

Feb 4, 2018
Hi

My advice - Never hire a consultant . I with Global Crossing Immigration, LLC after reading their google reviews. They did not upload my son's passport hence the application got rejected. What a waste of money & time. They did not even care to tell me that the application has been rejected. I found our when the fees was refunded. Probably that was my last chance as my point dropped because of birthday and have been waiting past 1 year. Long story short - you are much better doing on your own.

rajrajraj89

Dec 18, 2018
If you know how to read English and you have a brain, you can learn enough on this forum to successfully submit your documents. If you're an idiot, go for these "consultants".

But no. The immigration "consultant" will not represent you. If they make a mistake, you will suffer the consequences. And from what I've seen here, many of these "consultants" are not professional, qualified, or competent.

I would suggest that you evaluate your situation, see how complicated the document requirements would be, and make your decision based on that. Again, if your situation is not too complicated and you're not an idiot, you would be better off learning how to do it yourself.
Hello Sir,

Thanks for your reply.
How did you find that passport was missing?
Also, Were you able to apply once again after the mistake.

My advice - Never hire a consultant . I with Global Crossing Immigration, LLC after reading their google reviews. They did not upload my son's passport hence the application got rejected. What a waste of money & time. They did not even care to tell me that the application has been rejected. I found our when the fees was refunded. Probably that was my last chance as my point dropped because of birthday and have been waiting past 1 year. Long story short - you are much better doing on your own.

amittan

Feb 4, 2018
Hello Sir,

Thanks for your reply.
How did you find that passport was missing?
Also, Were you able to apply once again after the mistake.
If I am recalling correctly it was mentioned in the letter from Canadian immigration on why my application has been cancelled. The lawyer said that the passport did not upload correctly because it was a server issue. I do not believe him as if it was server issue the problem would be wide spread.
Anyways I have not been able to reapply as my score dropped because of birthday. I regret the decision everyday to go with a immigration lawyer.

safarizone

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
If I am recalling correctly it was mentioned in the letter from Canadian immigration on why my application has been cancelled. The lawyer said that the passport did not upload correctly because it was a server issue. I do not believe him as if it was server issue the problem would be wide spread.
Anyways I have not been able to reapply as my score dropped because of birthday. I regret the decision everyday to go with a immigration lawyer.
It sucks that this happened to you. The best thing we can say is hopefully, it turns out for the better that you stay where you are. But that's no consolation at all. It just sucks, hence my comment above. These consultants are frauds, trying to make a quick buck through a process that was designed to be easy to do yourself if you are suitable. I think they make most of their money off people who have such bad language skills that they will barely be able to work in Canada in the first place.

amittan

Feb 4, 2018
It sucks that this happened to you. The best thing we can say is hopefully, it turns out for the better that you stay where you are. But that's no consolation at all. It just sucks, hence my comment above. These consultants are frauds, trying to make a quick buck through a process that was designed to be easy to do yourself if you are suitable. I think they make most of their money off people who have such bad language skills that they will barely be able to work in Canada in the first place.
Completely agree. I won the lottery but lost the ticket. I am still hopeful. I find consolation in the following words "If things are happening as per your plan it is good , if not it is even better because now it is happening by the will of the divine power who knows what is good for you." Good luck for your Canadian dream.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Completely agree. I won the lottery but lost the ticket. I am still hopeful. I find consolation in the following words "If things are happening as per your plan it is good , if not it is even better because now it is happening by the will of the divine power who knows what is good for you." Good luck for your Canadian dream.
Wishing you to get an ITA at the earliest. What is your current CRS and did you max-out on the IELTS?

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
This is so inspiring. I’m at APR stage and these words just took my whole stress away! All the best and may you get what is best for you! Kudos to your spirit!

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
True. Do it yourself for two reasons:

1. It’s super straight forward.
2. Only you can present the best of yourself.

Any doubts, we are all here everyday.