+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is IELTS required for visa(for vocational courses)??

ashpad

May 11, 2011
hello guys,,

pls let me know,,is IELTS required for visa?? i am opting for a course in winnipeg aviation(cpl)

the school do not require IELTS..but i am doubtful about visa..

pls let me know asap

thanks in advance :)

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashpad said:
hello guys,,

pls let me know,,is IELTS required for visa?? i am opting for a course in winnipeg aviation(cpl)

the school do not require IELTS..but i am doubtful about visa..

pls let me know asap

thanks in advance :)
Hi,

Might I ask you what’s your nationality..

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashpad said:
hello enfield,,
i am an Indian

Hi,

Thn you have no option but to get ready with your IELTS score card. CHC Delhi requires IELTS for all purpose.

ashpad

May 11, 2011
thanks for ur reply enfield :)
but i have read in the forum somewhere that student visa is granted if ur past education is in english,,and also its not necessary if IELTS is not reqiured by the school..IELTS is only 'strongly recommended' and 'not mandatory' in the cic website,,
please let me know asap...thanks :)

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashpad said:
thanks for ur reply enfield :)
but i have read in the forum somewhere that student visa is granted if ur past education is in english,,and also its not necessary if IELTS is not reqiured by the school..IELTS is only 'strongly recommended' and 'not mandatory' in the cic website,,
please let me know asap...thanks :)
Hi,

1. That rule "if your past education is in English...." is applicable if you are from a specific English speaking country.

2. If you go by SPP/General visa checklist (India), you shall see NOTHING is mandatory. In fact everything is divided into two parts, 'recommended' or 'strongly recommended'.

3. If you wish (and ready to take RISK), apply without IELTS and wait for CHC Delhi call to put off IELTS.

Vickysharma

Apr 6, 2019
I have undergone through my medical and didn't concealed anything from the doctor. However, he told me that epilepsy with minor medication is not an issue. Now waiting for the positive report which is to be sent to embassy.

Vickysharma

Apr 6, 2019
Hi guys,
I have a similar query, I applied for vocational course in Canada without IELTS and got letter of acceptance. Upon which I applied for CAQ and got that too. Medical is also done.
Now my query is whether I need to give IELTS exam before putting up my file to visa officer or isn't a problem. If I don't give IELTS exam. My educational qualification are in compulsory english. From schooling to law degree . So what should I do...

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Hi guys,
I have a similar query, I applied for vocational course in Canada without IELTS and got letter of acceptance. Upon which I applied for CAQ and got that too. Medical is also done.
Now my query is whether I need to give IELTS exam before putting up my file to visa officer or isn't a problem. If I don't give IELTS exam. My educational qualification are in compulsory english. From schooling to law degree . So what should I do...
If your DLI gives you an unconditional admission and gives you in written that you are not required to provide them with IELTS score to fulfill the admission criteria, then it is not required under General/Regular/Non-SDS category.

Vickysharma

Apr 6, 2019
If your DLI gives you an unconditional admission and gives you in written that you are not required to provide them with IELTS score to fulfill the admission criteria, then it is not required under General/Regular/Non-SDS category.
The letter of acceptance says that "without an approved level of English proficiency you will be required to take english courses before the start of your program" nothing further states that i need to give IELTS exam or anything like that. But my query stick with regard to visa officer. Will he approve my file without an IELTS exam.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
The letter of acceptance says that "without an approved level of English proficiency you will be required to take english courses before the start of your program" nothing further states that i need to give IELTS exam or anything like that. But my query stick with regard to visa officer. Will he approve my file without an IELTS exam.
So there are two ways to go about it, one is via English as Second Language (ESL) which your university/college may require you to take (usually takes 6 months to a year depending on college) prior to your original program starts. The ESL program also requires you to pay certain fees, you may wanna check with the university about it. Also, the visa is initially given to you for the duration of ESL course (in which you cant work part time in Canada). You may need to apply for study permit extension after the ESL course.

The other one is reeving unconditional admission from the university + Letter of English Language Test exemption. this would not const you to take ESL course prior to starting your program. You also get visa for your main course.

As far as risk factor is concerned, the second option is much risky considering India is not a English speaking country. So visa success chances are 50-50.

In your case, the college is clearly asking you to provide English proficiency letter or ESL program. So not giving IELTS for this letter of acceptance is not available. Which leaves you with two options, one is to take IELTS and meet the language proficiency requirement and the other one is to take their ESL program and apply for visa stating in your SOP that you will be taking ESL program prior to your program starts.

Reactions: Wh1teH0rsE