+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is gift deed option for Proof of fund is safe ?

Abu Shams

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
Hi
I received ITA and for proof of funds i am showing gift deeds from my mother and father and from my husband too..my husband recieved money from his parents as a help because from 3 years he was monthly transferring those amount in their account.
Can show 3 gift deeds?
Whether my husband need to show the source of funds? And he should also have to show it as gift deed?
I am in real confusion as i will submit almost 3 gift deeds affidavit.
Moreover, i am doing all this because this all income are genuine even they didn’t borrowed from anyone
Is it ryt to show more than one gift deed?
Please help
I got money from 2 sources (my father and spouse).......I deposited all the money in one account (my father's account) and had that transferred in my account and subsequently obtained a single gift deed from my father..I have already received visa and CoPR...........

Saloni s

Mar 3, 2018
Thank you so much for sharing your experience..its a great help for me
Had you shown your bank statement and attached gift deed affidavit too?
I got money from 2 sources (my father and spouse).......I deposited all the money in one account (my father's account) and had that transferred in my account and subsequently obtained a single gift deed from my father..I have already received visa and CoPR...........

Abu Shams

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
Thank you so much for sharing your experience..its a great help for me
Had you shown your bank statement and attached gift deed affidavit too?
I attached the gift deed along with my bank statement and the gift cheque that was used to transfer the fund in my account. All color scanned and in a single file.

FMT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi guys,

I had my father transfer the complete POF into my wife's account who is the pricipal applicant. It is okay?
It my father going to write the gift deed letter to my wife in our both names (son and wife) or just in the name of my wife with no reference to my name?

Also, do we need to submit my father's statement of account as well? If yes - from what date to what date?

RGR

Apr 9, 2018
Hey folks! a quick question about when to get a gift deed. i received a gift from my parents but this was after I received my ITA. Would the fact that i disclosed I have sufficient funds to meet the minimum threshold on the EE application before receiving the ITA count as misrepresentation? Anyone who has got a gift deed done after receiving an ITA??
Hey did you receive your PR using gift deed...Is that a valid proof of fund?

Jan 29, 2018
Hi,
My dad gifted me the amount required for the PR. I have taken a letter from his bank stating that a cheque of XYZ amount was issued in my name and has been cleared on XYZ date. I have also, take a balance certificate, no debt letter and 6 months bank statement from my bank. I also have the photo of the cheque. I have made an affidavit mentioning that my dad has gifted me the XYZ amount from his savings account ABC to my my savings account KNP by cheque XYZ. In that its mentioned that its a gift and not a loan and my dad has no right over the funds and I can use it for whatever reason I want. Now, do I need to make a separate gift deed? I already have a affidavit. Isn't that sufficient?

FMT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi,
My dad gifted me the amount required for the PR. I have taken a letter from his bank stating that a cheque of XYZ amount was issued in my name and has been cleared on XYZ date. I have also, take a balance certificate, no debt letter and 6 months bank statement from my bank. I also have the photo of the cheque. I have made an affidavit mentioning that my dad has gifted me the XYZ amount from his savings account ABC to my my savings account KNP by cheque XYZ. In that its mentioned that its a gift and not a loan and my dad has no right over the funds and I can use it for whatever reason I want. Now, do I need to make a separate gift deed? I already have a affidavit. Isn't that sufficient?
In my own opinion, it feel gift deed and affidavit do the same job. Some people only use gift deed mentioning all what you have stated above in it while some other add affidavit to it. I feel the most important things have been stated already. Get it notarized and that will do.

Nene Zim 17

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Hi guys,

I had my father transfer the complete POF into my wife's account who is the pricipal applicant. It is okay?
It my father going to write the gift deed letter to my wife in our both names (son and wife) or just in the name of my wife with no reference to my name?

Also, do we need to submit my father's statement of account as well? If yes - from what date to what date?
I would also like to know this. In a similar situation myself..

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I would also like to know this. In a similar situation myself..
If wife is PA, the gift deed can be addressed to her, no need to add your name. No need to show your father's bank account statement, your wife's is sufficient (gift deed, last six months bank account statement, bank letter and the cheque are more than enough).

rk186024

Jun 11, 2018
Hi All,

Can someone please let me know if a gift deed from an uncle is acceptable to IRCC? Does it causes any issues?

PoF is the only document left that I need to upload for e-APR. Will appreciate a quick response.

Thanks.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi All,

Can someone please let me know if a gift deed from an uncle is acceptable to IRCC? Does it causes any issues?

PoF is the only document left that I need to upload for e-APR. Will appreciate a quick response.

Thanks.
nope, go ahead. It's fine.

Reactions: rk186024

rk186024

Jun 11, 2018
Hi All,

Is it recommended to get the funds received as gift FD'd??? does anybody thinks it brings more genuineness for VO?

Thanks.