+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is gift deed option for Proof of fund is safe ?

liverpooligan

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
@liverpooligan

Gift deed and affidavit are 2 different documents?
YES
Then what would you call this, gift deed or affidavit ? : https://imgur.com/a/RB7FAUB

If the bank account of the applicant is in a country other than canada, is it compulsory to mention the amount in C$? If yes, which website should the applicant use to convert (xe or oanda or bankofcanada or some other site) since different websites have slightly different exchange rates?
It's preferable to mention amount in CAD. Most reputed banks already have a fixed format, they have been dealing with this scenario for ages now. And as long as you are clear with them the purpose (Immigration) and request to put it in CAD they should not have a problem. Do take a few mins and the pain to talk to your bank manager, worth it. I did.

What exactly do you mean by "call out"?
Mention or talk about your situation in as many words as possible so the the person reading understands you completely.

And finally, would you mind sharing the LOE(with your personal info redacted)?
Here it is: http://bit.ly/LOE_Proof_of_Funds

liverpooligan

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018

ranazohair

Nov 12, 2018
i have a question please..if i open a bank account which has nothing but the money my parents’ will lend me for canadian immigration before i even send my express entry application..do i still need to do a gift of deed format for my pof?

dandangel

Aug 4, 2018
i have a question please..if i open a bank account which has nothing but the money my parents’ will lend me for canadian immigration before i even send my express entry application..do i still need to do a gift of deed format for my pof?
They need last 6 months statements of your bank account. If you can wait for that long from the time you open the account till you apply, and the last 6 months statement doesn't show any sudden increase in funds then no documentation or explanation is required.

The most common use case is, people have really old account, ideally from the days you've started earning, and they submit a gift deed from parents once the money is deposited.

The POF requirement is to ensure you (and your family) has enough to survive on basic means in Canada once you arrive even without a source of income for an economic immigration stream. If you manage to get a job, then this requirement is waived off, although this a very rare scene. So, if no job offer, then you have to prove that the prescribed min. amount is met, available to you at the time of application and you have access to it.

The gift deed proves that you don't have to return the gift money and it is yours, so it's ok to show it getting credited anytime in the 6 months statement.

ulka0410

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
https://taxguru.in/income-tax/taxability-gifts-received-relatives-relatives.html

Read the section titled: Gifts received From Relatives, NO Tax if its a relative.

I've used it,

1) Took money as gift from my dad, two days before submitting my application, got a gift deed + affidavit done mentioning the gift is without any consideration (meaning dad has no intention of getting this back). Also mentioned the NEFT transaction no. amount, date.

2) Then next day, all that I did was get a bank (HDFC) letter/statement that mentions my name, account, date of account opening and total liquid cash available in CAD (inclusive of the gift). Also, got last 6 months statement from the bank with stamp(not online statements). Yes, of course, the gift amount was the last entry in it.

3) Took pdf statements of credit card, last 6 months.

4) in POF scanned uploaded 2+3 in a single PDF.

4) Wrote a Letter mentioning gift from father (pure love and affection etc.) wrote it as an appeal/request to consider it, and attached gift deed. Made sure to call out the date and transaction on the bank statement and co-related that with the gift amount on the gift deed (page/line etc.) explicitly, in a hope that they don't miss it. Attached this letter + 1 as a single PDF into the Letter of Explanation section.

Went through the whole process without a hitch. Although, I did order GCMS notes around month 2 to see if any notes were made. Nothing came up at all. They just wrote a note saying (Total Amount - Credit Card last statement) is the available funds. And mine was well above the min. req. so all cool..

Hope this helps you.
Thank you so much it helps a lot. But i do have a few doubts.

1) How did you get the gift deed made? On a 500 rs. stamp paper with notary, a simple affidavit, or any other format?
2) I have around 16500 CAD. However, i have a pretty heft credit card debt (around 3000 CAd) (but payments are made on time). Also, I have a personal loan (again regular payments made) no defaults. Do you think this will affect my POFs or cause the ITA to be rejected?

Reactions: Audarya

dandangel

Aug 4, 2018

1) How did you get the gift deed made? On a 500 rs. stamp paper with notary, a simple affidavit, or any other format?

I got a gift deed and an affidavit done with the help of a notary on a Rs. 100 stamp paper.

2) I have around 16500 CAD. However, i have a pretty heft credit card debt (around 3000 CAd) (but payments are made on time). Also, I have a personal loan (again regular payments made) no defaults. Do you think this will affect my POFs or cause the ITA to be rejected?

I had ordered GCMS notes to keep track of notes made by officers, in that they had clearly calculated: (Total Cash in the Bank - Outstanding Credit Card bill) I had disclosed my car loan as well but, the did not consider it. Either ways, I ensured that with all taken into consideration, the available cash was well above the min needed.

Reactions: ulka0410

Elnara5995

Jan 3, 2019
Hi guys.Please help me with my query.I have applied for MPNP in 25 november i stated that i have 25000 cad.In 20th december i have received LAA(letter of advice to apply from Manitoba province).If my husband's father (my father in-law) will gift deed him a money in January,will it be problem?My deadline for submittion docs is 20 February.Thank you all for your help.God bless you.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
I believe someone already responded to your ques.
In my opinion, it is easier to declare it as a gift rather than the other. You might confuse officer with the legal letter option. Why go to such extent when you have tested easier approach ? :)

If you decided to go with gift deed option, this template can be useful

GIFT DEED

I, Your Father Name, S/o Your Grandfather Name , R/o ADDRESS, do hereby on dated 00/10/2016 make a gift-deed for a gift made on dated of 00/10/2016, Rs. 000000/-

(Rupees Only) out of love and affection to my Son (Your Name), S/o Father Name, ADDRESS. I confirm that I am a resident of India. I, further confirm that this gift is

being made out of my own funds standing to the credit of my A/c No.- 000000000 in ABC Bank, Bank Address. I, further confirm that the consideration for this gift is

the love and affection for my Son (Your Name) and no other consideration.
I further confirm that the gift has been made by Cheque No. 000000 dated 00/10/2016 drawn on ABC Bank, BANK ADDRESS. This gift is irrevocable and I have no claim left

whatsoever on the said gifted amount and he is free to utilise it in any manner.

PLACE:

DATED:
(Your Father Name)

Witness:
The gift as stated above is accepted

I am using this template as I got gift deed from my father as well. Is it enough that I and my father sign and I submit LOE as well (+ bank letter and 6 months statement account)? I do not understand this notarizing thing.

amit90

Sep 25, 2018
For the gift deed, Can a Father in Law gift money to a Son In Law rather than Father to Son. Would that create any issues?

Audarya

Dec 5, 2018

Hey did your query get resolved? Cz i'm in the same boat!