+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is gift deed option for Proof of fund is safe ?

Nartus

Star Member
Oct 11, 2016
Thank you so much. Did your donor swear an affidavit? My sister and I dont reside in the same country, so the gift deed will bear her signature only. How do I get and acceptance for it pls? Any infor will be appreciated.

Thank you
Same problem here. What options do we have?

Mimi2017

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Berlin
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
18-07-2017
File Transfer...
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
Hello,

I have a Certificate letter from my parent's notary stating (in French) :
"*Many name*
*With my full address in Germany*
*Birth date, place*
*Nationality*"

Then it says:
"Has received as manual gift from her parents Mr. and Mrs. *family name*, living in *Location name* (French Department (like county) name) the amount of XXXXX euros."

So my question is very specific. The notary's secratery wrote the name of the municipality/commune district/region (it's called "canton" in French, if that rings anyone a bell) as location name and not my parents village name. It's maybe not "totally wrong" cause the ZIP Code would be the same one but it's not what would appear in their home address, usually.

I'd like to know if it's ok to go for it that way in spite of this detail, as the main point is there, or if I should wait until Monday that my mother get a new letter with the actual town name. I feel like i'm overthinking it a bit too much but if anyone as some input in this, it'd be appreciated.

Also it is just a declaration sent to me directly from the notary. There's no signature from my parents. Is that ok too?

Raman59Nanda

Jul 13, 2017
Its perfectly fine to receive a gift after ITA, it is not misrepresentation and many people do it. Your parents can gift the money to you whenever they want no one can question that. You should have the money in your account before filling your eAPR. Attach a Gift Deed from your parents to you on a notarised stamp paper in your POF section. You will be good to go.
Hey do we need to show the bank statements of my father along with that.
I took money from my father, but my bank statements only shows the account number from which it was transferred and not the name. So do we need to prove that it is my father's account? Or just writing it on the gift deed will be ok

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Hey do we need to show the bank statements of my father along with that.
I took money from my father, but my bank statements only shows the account number from which it was transferred and not the name. So do we need to prove that it is my father's account? Or just writing it on the gift deed will be ok
No need of your Father's bank statements, gift deed will be fine. On the gift deed do get mentioned your father's account number and bank and also if possible mention that he is an income tax payer with PAn No.

Reactions: Raman59Nanda

arjunmalkar

Jul 5, 2017
Hi Guys,
I had sufficient balance in my account but had to transfer certain amount to my relative . Recently I got NOI and to show funds , my Wife and Mother would be transferring balance in my account which is close to 1 lacs each. Do i need to show gift deed for both the transactions.

Thanks in advance.

Gbemife

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
Gift deed from parents and siblings are considered most legitimate by CIC. Gifts from other relatives and friends are considered doubtful.
As long as the gifted money is from Parents you are good to go. Many many people have got PR successfully by showing gift as POF, its considered completely legitimate by CIC, don't worry.

P.S- Almost everything in our files is at the discretion of the authorities;). Let's hope for the best:)
Hello Gurik,

My uncle is gifting me the POF. He made the transfer in the bank, but the transfer receipt given to him is the black and white copy. Please is this supposed to be in colour? Does it have any impact?

Thank you

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Hello Gurik,

My uncle is gifting me the POF. He made the transfer in the bank, but the transfer receipt given to him is the black and white copy. Please is this supposed to be in colour? Does it have any impact?

Thank you
Its okay if it is in Black and White, as long as it is signed and stamped in color.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,
I had sufficient balance in my account but had to transfer certain amount to my relative . Recently I got NOI and to show funds , my Wife and Mother would be transferring balance in my account which is close to 1 lacs each. Do i need to show gift deed for both the transactions.

Thanks in advance.
yes

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
The stamp and signature are both in black and white. The original was stamped before the copy was given to him.
Its alright, it is not needed as the transaction will be reflected in your bank statement that you will attach.

Gbemife

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
Its alright, it is not needed as the transaction will be reflected in your bank statement that you will attach.
Thank you Gurik. Here are the documents I plan to submit as POF:
Bank letter
Gift deed
Transaction receipt

Do I need to also attach my bank statements? What else do you advise pls?

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Thank you Gurik. Here are the documents I plan to submit as POF:
Bank letter
Gift deed
Transaction receipt

Do I need to also attach my bank statements? What else do you advise pls?
It will be great if you do attach bank statements also. Rest of the documents are perfect:)
Go ahead now, submit your file. All the best.:)

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Related question, is there an official Gift Deed form that needs to be completed?

I have an unusual situation where my money from my business has been paid into an account of my parents name.
So I'm wondering if it's easier to declare it as a gift or get some legal letter stating that it was always my money and show proof of payments from the source company to that account?
I believe someone already responded to your ques.
In my opinion, it is easier to declare it as a gift rather than the other. You might confuse officer with the legal letter option. Why go to such extent when you have tested easier approach ? :)

If you decided to go with gift deed option, this template can be useful

GIFT DEED

I, Your Father Name, S/o Your Grandfather Name , R/o ADDRESS, do hereby on dated 00/10/2016 make a gift-deed for a gift made on dated of 00/10/2016, Rs. 000000/-

(Rupees Only) out of love and affection to my Son (Your Name), S/o Father Name, ADDRESS. I confirm that I am a resident of India. I, further confirm that this gift is

being made out of my own funds standing to the credit of my A/c No.- 000000000 in ABC Bank, Bank Address. I, further confirm that the consideration for this gift is

the love and affection for my Son (Your Name) and no other consideration.
I further confirm that the gift has been made by Cheque No. 000000 dated 00/10/2016 drawn on ABC Bank, BANK ADDRESS. This gift is irrevocable and I have no claim left

whatsoever on the said gifted amount and he is free to utilise it in any manner.

PLACE:

DATED:
(Your Father Name)

Witness:
The gift as stated above is accepted