+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is GIC required for an Indian nationality holder having Resident Permit in UK and applying from UK

bkvepran

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Hi,
My query is about the GIC and the procedure for study permit if I apply from United Kingdom. I have Resident Permit of UK having Indian Passport. I have already recieved Offer letter from college.
thanks
balwant

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi,
My query is about the GIC and the procedure for study permit if I apply from United Kingdom. I have Resident Permit of UK having Indian Passport. I have already recieved Offer letter from college.
thanks
balwant
You cannot get a GIC if you are applying from the UK, even if you are an Indian citizen. You will have to apply from India to get a GIC, your UK residence permit does not affect any decision with regards to a Canadian visa, apart from being a proof of home ties to your counry of residence.

bkvepran

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
You cannot get a GIC if you are applying from the UK, even if you are an Indian citizen. You will have to apply from India to get a GIC, your UK residence permit does not affect any decision with regards to a Canadian visa, apart from being a proof of home ties to your counry of residence.
Hi,
thanks for your reply it means we have to show these docs in application.
1.letter of offer,
2.proof of funds in my parents account,( as he is paying for the fees etc.)
3.the all property papers of my dad wchich is in india, ( to show home ties in india.)
hence he do not have any property here in UK.
4. Police clearance certificate from UK.
5. Medical.
6. Ilets.
7. SOP.
8. Tution fee paid Reciepts.
9. UK study documents.
and anything else if I need I will be greatfull if you help me out.
Thanks

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi,
1.letter of offer,
3.the all property papers of my dad wchich is in india, ( to show home ties in india.)
5. Medical.
6. Ilets.
7. SOP.
9. UK study documents.
Thanks
If you are applying from UK then follow the instructions for UK. You can find the required documents on the CIC website.

bkvepran

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
If you are applying from UK then follow the instructions for UK. You can find the required documents on the CIC website.
thanks for reply I saw it on Nova scotia bank website for gic application but it is showing when some one can apply if they are applying from India, in our case we r indian national living in UK (residence permit and Indian passport ) so no option is coming for gic and also we r not British citizen. Can we open an international account there tom transfer funds.
thanks

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
thanks for reply I saw it on Nova scotia bank website for gic application but it is showing when some one can apply if they are applying from India, in our case we r indian national living in UK (residence permit and Indian passport ) so no option is coming for gic and also we r not British citizen. Can we open an international account there tom transfer funds.
thanks
Like I said before, only if you are from India can you apply for GIC and SDS. You need to be both a Citizen and living in India to get the GIC. There is no point in getting a GIC and applying from UK.

If you want to get GIC and SDS you will have to go to India, have an Indian bank account or open one. Then you must apply and get your GIC, and apply for SDS from India only.

SVENU12

May 31, 2021
Hi,
1.letter of offer,
5. Medical.
6. Ilets.
7. SOP.
9. UK study documents.
Thanks
Hey, I am also applying from the UK for a Canadian Study Permit. First of all did the university/college you attended ask to prove your English language proficiency as you are applying from the UK? Also, did the immigration officer ask for your IELTS certificate when you entered Canada?

Thanks in advance! Any reply will be much appreciated.