+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is GIC Mandatory for inside Canada study permit?

rajnathan

Sep 11, 2019
I am currently pursuing my ELL course in Canada and would be applying for Study Permit soon. Before I apply below are the questions and it will be appreciated if someone has answers for them:

Do I need GIC in this case ? And/Or I can show the same amount in my account and apply for study permit?

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
If you have GiC of 10k for 1 year , you dont need to provide any bank records etc and that can be evidence that you can support yourself and that’s what I have heard. Better to hire an attorney who can help you understand all of this.
I am not on study permit and not in Canada ( just something that I have heard from my friends and it might be wrong )

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
GIC is not required, it is just one way & maybe most believable way to show funds proof, read the instructions for your country.

Shereen7393

Aug 28, 2018
Hi,

I will be applying for my study permit inside Canada, I am right now in India. Can I get a GIC certificate from here and use it while applying from Canada. I don't an account with a Canadian bank. My savings are with my local bank in India. So, I believe getting a GIC will help.
Can somebody suggest if its alright to do this?

Thanks.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi,

I will be applying for my study permit inside Canada, I am right now in India. Can I get a GIC certificate from here and use it while applying from Canada. I don't an account with a Canadian bank. My savings are with my local bank in India. So, I believe getting a GIC will help.
Can somebody suggest if its alright to do this?

Thanks.
What's your status in Canada ?

Shereen7393

Aug 28, 2018
My india bank statement?
But getting GIC will also not harm, right? Because i have applied for it but yet to transfer the money.