+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is first language (IELTS) the same as native language ?

Kins88

Aug 31, 2019
I am facing the same problem.

Please suggest, which language should I choose in PR form as in my TRF the first language is English, however, my mother tongue is Hindi.

mazias

Jul 29, 2019
Also, most of us in India who went to English medium schools might have learnt all subjects in English so it gets a bit tricky. I mean English was my first language in School, second language was Hindi and third language was my native language.
Question No. 12: The first language means your "Mother Tongue", for e.g., Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil, Telegu, Urdu.... etc. Please select the appropriate first language code from 'Page iii' of this form. If you language is not listed, please write 000 in the box and write your language name in the small box given below the code.

slashmaybe

May 20, 2019
I am an Indian; and Tamil is my parents' native language. However, English was spoken to me from a very young age and I think, talk and dream in English lol (got an 8.5 in IELTS). It is the language I am most comfortable with and I know it a hundred times better than Tamil.

I am planning to put in English as my "Native language" in the PR application - I will explain this in the LoE. I did put in English as my "First Language" for IELTS.

Reactions: mazias

VPrasanna

Nov 28, 2019
can i change my first language code in trf card after the result out.i wrongly wirtten as english.but my first language is punjabi.mistake done by me.is it possible to change first language code in british ielts.
Hi ,
Will you be able to help me on this.
Even I have an issue with first language present on ielts score card which is different from my mother tongue.
TIA

VPrasanna

Nov 28, 2019
I am facing the same problem.

Please suggest, which language should I choose in PR form as in my TRF the first language is English, however, my mother tongue is Hindi.
Hi ,
How did you proceed on this.
Even I’m facing similar issue , can you let me know if you have maintained the same in PR application or you have changed it on ielts score card , if so how ??
TIa

Meet110521

May 10, 2021
Hi ,
How did you proceed on this.
Even I’m facing similar issue , can you let me know if you have maintained the same in PR application or you have changed it on ielts score card , if so how ??
TIa
Hey did they approved you or they raised issue about first language difference?

kourk

Apr 29, 2022
Hi ,
Will you be able to help me on this.
Even I have an issue with first language present on ielts score card which is different from my mother tongue.
TIA
hi did u face any issue or did u wrote any explanation? what happened? can u plz tell me m facing same issue.