+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is express entry for high skilled only?

Windragon100576

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
I would like to confirm if the Express entry is only for high skilled worker? I am now a food and beverage server but waiting for my food supervisor work permit. And after I get my food supervisor paper can I apply for express entry already or need to wait for a year with a high skilled permit? Please help.

gecordon

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Windragon100576 said:
I would like to confirm if the Express entry is only for high skilled worker? I am now a food and beverage server but waiting for my food supervisor work permit. And after I get my food supervisor paper can I apply for express entry already or need to wait for a year with a high skilled permit? Please help.
No sir, Express Entry is not only for skilled, is also for Trades, for Canadian Work Experience and also Provincial Nomination. I think you can apply as Skilled Trades. But you have to read about the program, check in www.cic.gc.ca and look for FST (Federal Skill Trades)

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Windragon100576 said:
What is OAB stands for?
Check out "NOC code" in Google

Its a code for each job classified by CIC. 0 group is management, A group is professional, B group is technical.

PNP in EE requires applicants to be eligible in FSW/FST/CEC. So it must be high-skilled or trade.
Other PNP streams in certain provinces may have a stream for low skilled job, but that won't be under EE, it's the old-style paper application

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I am sorry. The job description number, or NOC code, tells you what skill level you are in. The highest three skill levels are O, A, and B. I think your job 6453 falls in skill level C. Depending on the Province you may be able to get a PNP, Provincial Nomination, after working for a specific period of time, but you would not be able to use the Express Entry. http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Welcome.aspx

Windragon100576

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
Pippin said:
I am sorry. The job description number, or NOC code, tells you what skill level you are in. The highest three skill levels are O, A, and B. I think your job 6453 falls in skill level C. Depending on the Province you may be able to get a PNP, Provincial Nomination, after working for a specific period of time, but you would not be able to use the Express Entry. http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Welcome.aspx

thank you for that info. I am from Alberta. So i am wondering, can I apply for express entry or AINP ? once I get my food service supervisor work permit with NOC 6212?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
You must qualify for FSW in order to use EE. That requires a minimum of one full paid year in an OAB level job. There are other requirements including a minimum of 67 points out of 100. Have you foreign work that would have been in the OAB skill level? I don't know the Alberta PNP requirements.

Windragon100576

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
Pippin said:
You must qualify for FSW in order to use EE. That requires a minimum of one full paid year in an OAB level job. There are other requirements including a minimum of 67 points out of 100. Have you foreign work that would have been in the OAB skill level? I don't know the Alberta PNP requirements.
Thank you so much for replying. Very much appreciated

haven30

Feb 2, 2015
as a f&b server you cannot be qualified for express entry but when you get your food supervisor permit which falls under noc b then you can apply for EE but you still need to wait for a year before applying unless you have previous work experience that is skilled noc oab. :)

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
And I think under OAB you could get a PNP and apply immediately with that. Don't know if that would be faster than waiting the year and going EE. System is too new to know yet.

Windragon100576

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
haven30 said:
as a f&b server you cannot be qualified for express entry but when you get your food supervisor permit which falls under noc b then you can apply for EE but you still need to wait for a year before applying unless you have previous work experience that is skilled noc oab. :)
Thank you for that info. Very much appreciated.

Windragon100576

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
Pippin said:
And I think under OAB you could get a PNP and apply immediately with that. Don't know if that would be faster than waiting the year and going EE. System is too new to know yet.
You got a point. Instead of waiting for a year to be qualified for EE, might as well do the PNP. Thanks so much!