+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is energy cost credit from Ontario (OESP) considered as welfare?

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
Hi guys. Currently my income in Canada as a newcomer is quite low, and as per my friend's advice I want to apply for Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP), by which they reduce the electricity bill for lower income families so as a result one can pay only couple of dollars for it per month. Do you have any idea whether such kind of credit from provincial government can be considered as welfare? I am determined because I have heard that if you get or used to get any type of welfare help from gov, then you gonna be not eligible for sponsoring relatives in future. Whether you have any thoughts on this, please share.

chayillove27

Apr 30, 2022
Hi guys. Currently my income in Canada as a newcomer is quite low, and as per my friend's advice I want to apply for Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP), by which they reduce the electricity bill for lower income families so as a result one can pay only couple of dollars for it per month. Do you have any idea whether such kind of credit from provincial government can be considered as welfare? I am determined because I have heard that if you get or used to get any type of welfare help from gov, then you gonna be not eligible for sponsoring relatives in future. Whether you have any thoughts on this, please share.
Good morning, was your spousal sponsorship application rejected even though were on OESP?