+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Economy Clss same as Federal Skilled worker Class ????

piscean5

Star Member
Nov 11, 2009
Hi All
I am a slight confusion on weather the ECONOMY class and FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER class are two names for same category or not?
Going into background, i applied for my PR in 2004.At that time ,IMM0008 form had 3 categories to select from, including ECONOMY class but no federal skilled worker class Box to check on. Now i want to add my wife to my application and i need to fill IMM0008 form again.
I now find both ECONOMY and SKILLED WORK class listed separately as an option to select under the Category box.

Please help me here to clear my confusion,,,,Thanks in advance.

helios

Star Member
Oct 30, 2009
piscean5 said:
Hi All
I am a slight confusion on weather the ECONOMY class and FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER class are two names for same category or not?
Going into background, i applied for my PR in 2004.At that time ,IMM0008 form had 3 categories to select from, including ECONOMY class but no federal skilled worker class Box to check on. Now i want to add my wife to my application and i need to fill IMM0008 form again.
I now find both ECONOMY and SKILLED WORK class listed separately as an option to select under the Category box.

Please help me here to clear my confusion,,,,Thanks in advance.
The economic immigrant category includes the following:
FSW
CEC
Investor
Entrepreneur
Self Employed

Hope that clarifies what was confusing you.

piscean5

Star Member
Nov 11, 2009
Re: Is Economy Class same as Federal Skilled worker Class ????

Yes, it helps for sure. Although you may be able to guide me further.
During my original application in 2004, i had selected ECONOMY CLASS as Category(as no FSW option was there). Now both Economy class and FSW options are available under Category. What should i select?

A separate question , i am adding my wife to the application.What category she should be selecting.I believe it should be the same as mine,but a confirmation would help.

redblade

Apr 8, 2010
My guess is that it means we are applying for FSW, CEC, Investor, Entrepreneur, Self Employed visa types all at once if we check Economy Class. NOT SURE tho, can someone please help?