+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is ECA needed for all degrees?

dream2017

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Congrats to those who was selected during yesterday's draw!!! :) :)

I have an inquiry about ECA. For the EE profile, I claimed points for my PhD and MA degrees. My question is whether I should get ECA for my bachelor's degree as well after receiving ITA. Any experts on this issue? Thanks.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dream2017 said:

I have an inquiry about ECA. For the EE profile, I claimed points for my PhD and MA degrees. My question is whether I should get ECA for my bachelor's degree as well after receiving ITA. Any experts on this issue? Thanks.
If you have your highest degree assessed and got a positive assessment then it is fine.

ZoobieS

Jun 29, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
Scarborough
AOR Received.
06/06/2023
dream2017 said:

Before you proceed with ECA application, check WES website, as it guides basis qualification and universities.
Generally, if you get for highest, the bachelor's is not required. But in my case, I had my masters as PGDBM, which is 2 year full time course in India. But they asked for bachelor's ECA as well.

Hope this helps!

dream2017

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Thank you, ZoobiesS and Jairichi.

I have already got the ECA for my PhD degree. I am in the process of getting ECA for my Master's degree.
So I was just wondering if the ECA for all degrees are needed.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dream2017 said:
Thank you, ZoobiesS and Jairichi.

I have already got the ECA for my PhD degree. I am in the process of getting ECA for my Master's degree.
So I was just wondering if the ECA for all degrees are needed.
From what I know if you are claiming points for your highest degree and you have an ECA for that you are fine.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jairichi said:
From what I know if you are claiming points for your highest degree and you have an ECA for that you are fine.
to me it seemed like a grey area, so i applied for WES for both masters and bachelors... i didnt want to take any cahnce :)

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thestunner316 said:
to me it seemed like a grey area, so i applied for WES for both masters and bachelors... i didnt want to take any cahnce :)
I agree if it is for bachelor's and master's degree as some bachelor's degree are 3 or 4 years and some have an integrated master's degree. Some have a PGDM considered as MBA. But a PhD is a PhD anywhere in the world.

ZoobieS

Jun 29, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
Scarborough
AOR Received.
06/06/2023
jairichi said:
I agree if it is for bachelor's and master's degree as some bachelor's degree are 3 or 4 years and some have an integrated master's degree. Some have a PGDM considered as MBA. But a PhD is a PhD anywhere in the world.
I agree with this. If you have PhD ECA, this should be good