Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
I have my Master's degree from a Canadian University, while high school and Bachelor's from India, so should I get ECA done for those 2? Is it a requirement for EE or it is done just to increase the points?

Please help!!

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
Kumarp said:
I have my Master's degree from a Canadian University, while high school and Bachelor's from India, so should I get ECA done for those 2? Is it a requirement for EE or it is done just to increase the points?

Please help!!
If you have any degree post high school from out of Canada getting the evaluation done is mandatory.

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
SMCANADAVISA said:
If you have any degree post high school from out of Canada getting the evaluation done is mandatory.
Thanks for the reply, so is it just enough to get the Bachelor's degree assessed or should I get the high school certificate assessed as well?

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
THE SUPER KING said:
Only bachelors degree
Thanks much for your help guys..

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
SMCANADAVISA said:
Ah, no. "If you have a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate, you do not need to get an ECA."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

The OP has a master's degree from Canada, and that will be the assessed level of education.

The only caveat I can think of - if your job experience is more closely related to your bachelor's than your master's... then it may help to get the ECA done, but it won't affect your eligibility, and I don't think it will give you extra points (not sure about that).

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
jes_ON said:
Ah, no. "If you have a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate, you do not need to get an ECA."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

The OP has a master's degree from Canada, and that will be the assessed level of education.

The only caveat I can think of - if your job experience is more closely related to your bachelor's than your master's... then it may help to get the ECA done, but it won't affect your eligibility, and I don't think it will give you extra points (not sure about that).
Thanks for your comments and just for the note my job is no way related to my Bachelor's degree. I checked out the link you provided and it does say that I won't need it if I have a Canadian degree. But it also says that "You will need to get an ECA for your foreign degree" especially if I am considered under the Federal Skilled Worker Program thats where I have problem with.

The last time I received the ITA (which I had to deny for some reason) it was under FSW :-( .... So if am lucky enough and get the ITA again under FSW, will they ask for ECA?

chantal111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Kumarp said:

Please help!!
U do not need ECA for bachelor degree if u already got higher degree from Canada.