+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is distance education valid for canada immigration?

chaya vinayak

Jan 27, 2014
Hi,

I did Bachelor Of Computer Application (BCA) from EIILM university Sikkim. And I am planning to forward my documents, but some of my friends told that Distance Education will not get any points, Is it True?
If anyone has gone through with same query kindly help me.

Thanks,
Chaya.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

chaya vinayak said:
Hi,

I did Bachelor Of Computer Application (BCA) from EIILM university Sikkim. And I am planning to forward my documents, but some of my friends told that Distance Education will not get any points, Is it True?

Thanks,
Chaya.
From OP 06

A distance learning credential is eligible for points as long as it meets the definition of a credential as outlined in R73. If the credential is not described in terms of number of years duration (i.e., three-year bachelor's degree), officers should apply the definition of full-time equivalent study and knowledge that the visa office has acquired on local education institutions and credentials.
There is a high incidence of fraud in this area. Verification checks should be conducted with issuing institutions to ensure that program integrity standards are respected.

Note that you still have to have it evaluated before you submit your application.

THE SUPER KING

Oct 5, 2012
HYDERABAD INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chaya vinayak said:
Hi,

Thanks,
Chaya.
Dear Chaya,

Yes Distance education also acceptable for FSWP only if your university is recognized from UGC and DEC, and every principal applicant have to go with (Evaluation Credential Authentication) ECA from CIC approved organization, chaya the EIILM university is not recognized now from DEC and it is not valid there is no value of degree from this university (check the expired recognition universities list from dec.ac.in or google it).

Regards,
THE SUPER KING

obs35

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
chaya vinayak said:
Hi,

Thanks,
Chaya.
I sure hope it's not valid.... A lot of fraud in this area from 3rd world countries applicants!

joe99

Oct 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
obs35 said:
I sure hope it's not valid.... A lot of fraud in this area from 3rd world countries applicants!
Yes ...... Lot of fraud in third world countries in providing distance education which follow First world country like USA......... For example.....,, TRIVALLEY University incident in recent years..... It's not fare enough ......... No offense......

chaya vinayak

Jan 27, 2014
Hi THE SUPER KING,

Thank you for the quick reply. After reading your reply I did google for this. As per the following link EIILM university is recognized by UGC and DEC. Non of the link are giving concrete information. Now little confused and depressed.

" ima.edu.in/pdf/EIILM%20Approval%20&%20letters-DDL.pdf "

And few says Only following courses are recognised by ugc to this univeristy

BA / BSc & MA / MSc in
Environmental Ecology

BA in Animation & Computer
Graphics

Bachelors / Masters in Insurance and
Risk
Management Studies

Bachelors / Master in Production
and Mass
Communication

Bachelors / Masters in Advertising
and
Communication Management

"Source: entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/eiilm-university-recognized-1041897.html#ixzz2rf6qzR4e"

joe99

Oct 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chaya vinayak said:
Hi THE SUPER KING,

Thank you for the quick reply. After reading your reply I did google for this. As per the following link EIILM university is recognized by UGC and DEC. Non of the link are giving concrete information. Now little confused and depressed.

BA / BSc & MA / MSc in
Environmental Ecology

Graphics

Risk
Management Studies

and Mass
Communication

and
Communication Management

"Source: entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/eiilm-university-recognized-1041897.html#ixzz2rf6qzR4e"
Google for AIU ( apex body for Indian universities)....,
If your university is listed in AIU......., it must be recognised by UGC & DEC

Good luck

chaya vinayak

Jan 27, 2014
Hi Joe99,

Thanks for the quick reply, I could not find any Apex body Indian Universities. Please let me know if u meant "Association Of Indian Universities".

Am referring this link for AIU (Association of Indian Universities)

aiuweb.org/Members/MembersA.asp

joe99

Oct 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chaya vinayak said:
Hi Joe99,

Thanks for the quick reply, I could not find any Apex body Indian Universities. Please let me know if u meant "Association Of Indian Universities".

Am referring this link for AIU (Association of Indian Universities)

aiuweb.org/Members/MembersA.asp
Yes........exactly.......AIU- association of Indian universities----- that is the highest body authorized to sanction Recognition for a university in India....... That's what I mean by apex body....,, :)

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
chaya vinayak said:
Hi,

Thanks,
Chaya.
Sir

Its Valid for immigration. You need completion certificate / diploma , and letter from Examination Body that what is the total planned duration of course ie if there were six semesters , say equivalent to 2 Years of study .................

Stay Blessed

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
sandyfab said:
as per cic, you can gain points only if you have done full time study not distance learning.
Sir

From OP 06

A distance learning credential is eligible for points as long as it meets the definition of a credential as outlined in R73. If the credential is not described in terms of number of years duration (i.e., three-year bachelor's degree), officers should apply the definition of full-time equivalent study and knowledge that the visa office has acquired on local education institutions and credentials.
There is a high incidence of fraud in this area. Verification checks should be conducted with issuing institutions to ensure that program integrity standards are respected.

Note that you still have to have it evaluated before you submit your application.

THE SUPER KING

Oct 5, 2012
HYDERABAD INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chaya vinayak said:
Hi THE SUPER KING,

BA / BSc & MA / MSc in
Environmental Ecology

Graphics

Risk
Management Studies

and Mass
Communication

and
Communication Management

Hello Chaya,

The distance degree is only valid and accepted if it is approved and recognized by DEC (Distance Education Council) in India, please follow the below link to see the status of your university.

http://www.dec.ac.in/Documents/Recogniton%20Expired%20-%20List%20-%2031.01.2013.pdf.
http://distanceeduscams.blogspot.in/2012/11/recognition-expired-public-notice-by-dec.html
http://distanceeduscams.blogspot.in/2012/11/eiilm-university-in-news.html
http://www.university.careers360.com/articles/dec-playing-students-life

Reactions: Ayesha Khatib

jugal

Apr 6, 2014
Hi Experts,

I am facing similar issue. My B.SC (IT) degree is from Sikkim Manipal University which is recognized by UGC and DEC. I have also have exe-MBA from Mumbai university.

My question is if incase WES does'nt recognize my bachelor degree will they consider my MBA as valid because i can proceed with masters only after my bachelors but if my bachelors itself is invalid they might consider my Masters.

i heard my experience is counted only after my masters is that true?

Thanks in advance