+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is diploma considered the same as master when calculating the CRS ?

Oct 27, 2016
Please help me I need your advice

I have a post graduate diploma (2-year study after Bsc). can i consider it the same like master when calculatin the CRS?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Almost certainly not.

What does your ECA say ?
It's only considered equal to a Master's if your ECA says that it's equivalent to a Master's.

Oct 27, 2016
istari said:
Almost certainly not.

What does your ECA say ?
It's only considered equal to a Master's if your ECA says that it's equivalent to a Master's.

Thanks for your reply.
I didn't send my certificates yet. I am just asking to predict my CRS

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
If you have a degree and a diploma, you could be allowed the two degree/certificate option.

Ys.bk

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will try to answer this since I was in a similar situation.

Your diploma might be considered as a Master degree in two cases :

1. Your diploma is connected to your bsc field, and that a minimum of 3 years of university studies is required in order to study for the new post grad diploma.

2. the post grad diploma mentions in your transcript that it's about the 7th, 8th , 9th and 10th semester ( it was my case and I got it recognized as a bachelor and master degree by WES).

WES provide an online assessment, and give unofficial equivalency results. I advise you to go and check it.

Good luck

Oct 27, 2016
Ys.bk said:
I will try to answer this since I was in a similar situation.

Your diploma might be considered as a Master degree in two cases :

1. Your diploma is connected to your bsc field, and that a minimum of 3 years of university studies is required in order to study for the new post grad diploma.

2. the post grad diploma mentions in your transcript that it's about the 7th, 8th , 9th and 10th semester ( it was my case and I got it recognized as a bachelor and master degree by WES).

WES provide an online assessment, and give unofficial equivalency results. I advise you to go and check it.

Good luck

Thanks for advise,
It's in the same feild civil engineering. but i dont understand the second point ! what do you exactly mean

Ys.bk

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My second degree (3 years of study of 2 years diploma) stated that i was studying for a 5th to 10th semester as if it was a continuity for the first degree. For you your diploma transcript had to state that the first transcript is for 7th and on