+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is degree certificate mandatory as a proof of education?

darysaf

Oct 8, 2014
Hi everyone,
I have received an ITA and I’m wondering if the 1. completion letter from the university and 2. an official transcript stating that I was awarded master’s degree would suffice as a proof of education. It’s from an Australian university and I used these exact documents to get my ECA from WES with no problems. So would IRCC also consider these documents sufficient evidence?

I actually never picked up my degree certificate and just realized I need it for my application (stupid, I know). I have contacted my university to request it, but who knows how long will it take for my degree to arrive from Australia to Canada.

Thank you!

calgal90

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
Hi everyone,
I have received an ITA and I’m wondering if the 1. completion letter from the university and 2. an official transcript stating that I was awarded master’s degree would suffice as a proof of education. It’s from an Australian university and I used these exact documents to get my ECA from WES with no problems. So would IRCC also consider these documents sufficient evidence?

I actually never picked up my degree certificate and just realized I need it for my application (stupid, I know). I have contacted my university to request it, but who knows how long will it take for my degree to arrive from Australia to Canada.

Thank you!

Did WES accept your transcripts and official completion letter for their evaluation?

darysaf

Oct 8, 2014
Did WES accept your transcripts and official completion letter for their evaluation?
Thanks for your reply. Yes, they did.

But as per advice here I still decided to order my degree and used it for my application in addition to my transcript and official completion letter.

Reactions: calgal90

Presh2019

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hi everyone,

Thank you!
You need the actual certificate, heard of a few people getting rejected because of that. You can have your school scan the copy to you, as you don’t need the hard copy for your application.

darysaf

Oct 8, 2014
You need the actual certificate, heard of a few people getting rejected because of that. You can have your school scan the copy to you, as you don’t need the hard copy for your application.
Thank you! You are right, that’s exactly what I did (contacted my school and got the actual degree certificate to apply).

Thanks everyone, case closed :)