+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is crime = inadmissible?

kirimaru

May 2, 2017
scylla said:
You would need a visitor visa (TRV) and would apply via the normal route just like anyone else. Have you been through the ARC process yet? If not, you'll need to go through that as part of the visa process since you were deported - this can take quite a number of months to process.

To be honest, I would wait out the processing of the H&C application and wouldn't bother applying for the TRV. I think it's highly unlikely a visitor visa will be approved given your history in Canada and the fact CIC knows you want to stay in Canada long term.

Is there a reason why you weren't included in your husband's refugee application as a dependent? That's the part I don't quite understand unless you got married after he got protected status. If you were married before he went through the refugee process, you would/should have been included as a dependent - that would be a much easier way to get residency than H&C which has a very low rate of approval.
Thanks Scylla,

My husband became Refugee before he met. He can't sponsor me that why I applied for H&C. Thanks God I had 1st stage approved. I just wonder why CIC ask for him to do medical and PCC because he had legally status already. And I fear about his conviction (not serious crime) 10 years ago would affects to us.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
kirimaru said:
Thanks Scylla,

My husband became Refugee before he met. He can't sponsor me that why I applied for H&C. Thanks God I had 1st stage approved. I just wonder why CIC ask for him to do medical and PCC because he had legally status already. And I fear about his conviction (not serious crime) 10 years ago would affects to us.
Sorry - I can't answer your question about why they are asking for his medical and PCC.

I still don't understand why you are applying through H&C. If your husband is a PR now, he should sponsor you for PR through the spousal sponsorship stream (outland).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Mother2017 said:
My ex-"husband" is Candian by birth. We met each other in my country. it´s a long story. I´m divorcing him in my country since he has never returned, met our daughter nor look for her, and he doesn´t help me with a single penny. I wonder if Canada is the wonderland most immigrants says. My ex-husband complaints about Canada. He says it´s jobless and expensive to live in. I think he was looking for someone to pay his bills while he enjoys life. Once he figured out I was not expecting him to support me nor I´d support him, he clearly told me he wouldn´t sponsor me. I only got my daughter birth certificate because I involved the embassy here. I´m European, so I think the best is to remain where I am. I don´t want to spend thousands of dollars to beg to get into a country that claims to be multicultural but close doors for their dual citizen children. I bet my case it´s one of the thousands they have to deal everyday, so I´m just a number. I´m giving up and leave to my daughter. One day she can decide to live there or not. But you know, being a citizen raised in Canada is different than being a citizen raised outside of Canada. Stereotypes come no matter what!
The door is wide open to your child - it's just not open to you. As explained, you would need to qualify and apply to immigrate through an economic immigration stream like any other immigrant. The vast majority of countries work this way (most likely including the one you live in). This is to prevent what's know as "anchor babies" - i.e. having people give birth to children in a country for the sole purpose of gaining residency there. Understand this is not your situation - but that's why the rules are as they are.