+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is CPA Canada + Overseas Big 4 audit experience valuable?

Wis3

Sep 13, 2021
I am currently an audit senior 2 in one of the big 4 firms in Singapore. Plan to stay on until I become an assistant manager, which will be till next year.

Do you guys think I will have a shot at applying for a junior audit position at one of the audit firms in Toronto/Vancouver? I'm not necessarily looking to join the big 4 firms there as I know how tough the competition can be, but maybe at least one of the mid tier firms? Or am I letting my hopes up?

I am an ICAEW member too, so will have no problems getting CPA Canada through their mutual recognition agreement when I'm there. Any help in highly appreciated, thank you so much!

r.fika7

Oct 15, 2019
I am currently an audit senior 2 in one of the big 4 firms in Singapore. Plan to stay on until I become an assistant manager, which will be till next year.

Do you guys think I will have a shot at applying for a junior audit position at one of the audit firms in Toronto/Vancouver? I'm not necessarily looking to join the big 4 firms there as I know how tough the competition can be, but maybe at least one of the mid tier firms? Or am I letting my hopes up?

I am an ICAEW member too, so will have no problems getting CPA Canada through their mutual recognition agreement when I'm there. Any help in highly appreciated, thank you so much!
You can try for transfer or secondment there.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Your experience in the big 4 will certainly help but Canadian experience is also really valued. If you could get a transfer to Canada and get some Canadian experience first that would be advisable.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

If you have Canadian PR, then yes. Otherwise, no.