+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Client Information important under optional documents section along with the PGWP application?

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
I applied for a PGWP without a letter of explanation on Sept 13, 2021 as I didn't have something to explain about my stay as a student. I simply followed immigration rules even though there was a time where international students can work full-time while the studies is ongoing due to shortages of the labor workforce that had been caused by the pandemic. I took two 1 year program certificates, wishing to combined them at the same school to complete 2 years so I will be eligible to get 3 years validity of PGWP by the time they approve my application. I'm worried that will the absence of the client info negatively impact my PGWP application or will the application be fine without the client info? Or should I send them another web form followed by the first one I sent them for the official transcript?

Last edited:

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I applied for a PGWP without a letter of explanation on Sept 13, 2021 as I didn't have something to explain about my stay as a student. I simply followed immigration rules even though there was a time where international students can work full-time while the studies is ongoing due to shortages of the labor workforce that had been caused by the pandemic. I took two 1 year program certificates, wishing to combined them at the same school to complete 2 years so I will be eligible to get 3 years validity of PGWP by the time they approve my application. I'm worried that will the absence of the client info negatively impact my PGWP application or will the application be fine without the client info? Or should I send them another web form followed by the first one I sent them for the official transcript?
There is no need for client information, unless you have something else to add. Eg. If your work experience does not fit in the space given, then you can add it in the client information.

If you attached both the transcripts, then you should be fine.

Just FYI, you will only get 2 years if you combine two 1 year programs, not 3. A friend had a 2 one year courses as well and they only got 2 years.

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
There is no need for client information, unless you have something else to add. Eg. If your work experience does not fit in the space given, then you can add it in the client information.

If you attached both the transcripts, then you should be fine.

Just FYI, you will only get 2 years if you combine two 1 year programs, not 3. A friend had a 2 one year courses as well and they only got 2 years.
Awww, that's so bad. I thought combined programs are eligible to get 3 years validity of PGWP? That's why I started to realize that I should have included a letter of explanation why I should be getting 3 years instead of 2 years. I hope they will miraculously give me 3 years just like the one I heard from the FB group that someone got 3 years while taking only a short program before, which is very rare. I hope one immigration officer will consider this application to receive 3 years so that I can have enough time to build up myself.

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Awww, that's so bad. I thought combined programs are eligible to get 3 years validity of PGWP? That's why I started to realize that I should have included a letter of explanation why I should be getting 3 years instead of 2 years. I hope they will miraculously give me 3 years just like the one I heard from the FB group that someone got 3 years while taking only a short program before, which is very rare. I hope one immigration officer will consider this application to receive 3 years so that I can have enough time to build up myself.
Hey how long did you get your work permit for?

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
@John_22 thanks for the quick reply bro, I am just about to submit my application and in my "Client Information" , there is nothing except for a few fields of the employment history field that could not fit in the IMM5710e form!

Now I wonder do I need to make a letter like a formal one requesting for a 3 year workpermit or just leave it at their best judgement?

I am just scared they may give me a 2 year one,, lol (I also finished two 1+1 year programs)

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
@John_22 thanks for the quick reply bro, I am just about to submit my application and in my "Client Information" , there is nothing except for a few fields of the employment history field that could not fit in the IMM5710e form!

Now I wonder do I need to make a letter like a formal one requesting for a 3 year workpermit or just leave it at their best judgement?

I am just scared they may give me a 2 year one,, lol (I also finished two 1+1 year programs)
You dont even have to mention that. I didn’t include the letter because its optional, they still gave me 3 years validity. You only have to include letter if your case is confusing. If its plain and simple, you dont have to.

Reactions: rogerdude1

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
You dont even have to mention that. I didn’t include the letter because its optional, they still gave me 3 years validity. You only have to include letter if your case is confusing. If its plain and simple, you dont have to.
Okay then, I will keep it simple. Thanks again man, have a nice day or night wherever you are :)

kzsyed95

Jan 16, 2024
I did two 1-year programs as well, May-Dec 2022 and May-Dec 2023, should I write letter of explanation to justify the Jan-Apr 2023 gap?