+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is change of NOC code for previous employment possible after PR submission?

Ciwan

Mar 23, 2017
Hello,

My immigration chronology and the problem I am facing is shorty as below:
  • I came to Canada to study in January 2018. TWU MBA in International Business. My wife and our two kids accompany me. My wife has an open work permit and has been working at RBC as a part-time employee since October 2018. Our children, aged 9 and 7, are going to elementary school.
  • I started working part-time with a mid-sized company from September 2018 onwards with a waged employee contract.
  • I applied to BC PNP under the Skilled Immigrant category with the same employer. The employer wrote a letter to support my application, mentioning that they would recruit me if I had the work permit / permanent residence.
  • I got nominated by BC in June 2019.
  • After completing all the degree requirements, I received my transcript from TWU on June 28, 2019. I applied for PGWP the same day and started working full time afterward.
  • I signed a full-time contract with my employer with the same job title and descriptions in late August, with a salary increase.
  • Submitted EE documents on September 6, 2019. Medicals passed September 26, 2019.
  • I received my MBA diploma from TWU on November 2, 2019.
  • I asked for GCMS notes on January 27 and received them on February 22. Relevant parts of the notes explained below.
  • I submitted my MBA diploma to IRCC on February 26, 2020.
The officer sees two problems, one leading to his note on my file as a “failed candidate”, that I "do not have relevant experience with the one I submitted my application with".

Minor issue:
My MBA diploma I received from TWU in BC is in question. While submitting for PR I submitted only my transcript and completion letter as my diploma was not ready yet. I submitted my diploma two days ago after receiving the GCMS notes.

Major issue:
I applied with NOC1225 as my current employment. I picked NOC 0731 for all my previous employments (multiple countries, same employer, same job). I see now that my previous employment could easily fall under NOC 0113, as a Logistics and Supply Chain Manager.

Question is: Is it possible to raise a webform and explain that the NOC I picked during submission is wrong and reviewing my past employment letter with another NOC, 0113 in this case, would show that I have relevant experience.

P.S. I called IRCC today and the agent on the phone told me that my background check was going on and the next step would be the security check.