Is Canadian PR card a travel document?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
A travel document is not just a passport - otherwise they would have just asked for PASSPORTS - instead they have asked for travel documents.

So I believe it is any document that is used to facilitate international travel so that your application with regards to international travel can be better understood - I personally do not have a lot of stamps on my passports because I have a Nexus card, two valuable passports and a Canadian PR Card. I'll be listing all of these to help the officer reviewing my application understand how I facilitated my travel.
THIS is a travel document:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/images/Passport-Refugee.jpg

http://www.leedsimmigrationservice.org/Travel-Document.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d8/TD_PRC.jpg/190px-TD_PRC.jpg

Natan

May 22, 2015
While a U.S. enhanced drivers' license/ID is not a travel document, I would include it, as it can be used to enter the U.S. from Canada, and would therefore be of interest to IRCC during the citizenship application.

I would not, however, include an E.U. drivers' licence, as I could not use that to travel from Canada.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
While a U.S. enhanced drivers' license/ID is not a travel document, I would include it, as it can be used to enter the U.S. from Canada, and would therefore be of interest to IRCC during the citizenship application.

I would not, however, include an E.U. drivers' licence, as I could not use that to travel from Canada.
A Canadian Certificate of Identity is also a travel document.
To clarify: I totally agree with you that I would list all documents that can be used to cross borders, just to be safe. I was just trying to say what I think they had in mind when they chose the wording "passport/travel document".

But I will also list anything in my application that can be used to cross a border. So if I had an enhanced drivers licence, I would include it.

Reactions: nofrills

Natan

May 22, 2015
To clarify: I totally agree with you that I would list all documents that can be used to cross borders, just to be safe. I was just trying to say what I think they had in mind when they chose the wording "passport/travel document".

But I will also list anything in my application that can be used to cross a border. So if I had an enhanced drivers licence, I would include it.
We are in agreement -- I was just expanding on what you said about travel documents.

Reactions: spyfy

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
A travel document is not just a passport - otherwise they would have just asked for PASSPORTS - instead they have asked for travel documents.

So I believe it is any document that is used to facilitate international travel so that your application with regards to international travel can be better understood - I personally do not have a lot of stamps on my passports because I have a Nexus card, two valuable passports and a Canadian PR Card. I'll be listing all of these to help the officer reviewing my application understand how I facilitated my travel.
Thanks

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015