+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Canada still worth immigrating to for Indians anymore?

newuxtreme

Apr 20, 2015
I'm asking because I am getting very confused about what I should be doing.
I want to get away from the crazy traffic, violence, crime, pollution, corruption and the sad quality of life in Delhi. About a year or two ago I think Canada was the answer as it is something you hear from literally any and everyone overseas.

I decided to apply for a Study permit which I would pursue and then fall into the bandwagon of all Indian students trying to figure out how to get PR or Citizenship or whatever over time.

However in the past few months I have been reading a LOT about how Canada is no longer an immigrants dream and how pretty much everything is stacked against them, how Canada wants to fleece them for all the money they can bring and invest in but give no job, no pr/citizenship or no security in return.

(EDIT : Wow I can't post links apparently.....)

Anyways google the following and hit the top searches :-

1. "dont make the mistake of migrating to canada" Please make sure to read the comments on page 10, or just go back once into the older comments and skim through them.

2. "macleans land of misfortune"

These are two of the links I can think of for right now, but there were more about a current students rant about living overseas and how it wasn't worth it.

The reason I am confused is because I don't have any Canadian educational experience though I have very short volunteer work internship experience of about 3 months in Canada previously(along with thankfully fantastic references).

Apparently most immigrants are stuck in jobs like Tim Hortons, McDonalds or driving cabs because they can't seem to get work in their line/stream because they want Canadian experience or Canadian undergrad qualifications. If this is true it would take me at least 2-3 years getting an Undergrad in Canada and then waiting to apply for a full time job.
If that's not enough another masters that is 2-3 years minimum.
That's a lot of money going out from my end without having the ability to work or earn anything in return for about 5 YEARS!

I understand this might sound a bit rushed or haphazard even but I'm way too confused and because of it stressed on what and how I should think about the same.

Would it be better to
1) take a big leap of faith and try to make it in Canada vs

2) trying to do the same in a European/Scandinavian country like Denmark where getting a job and the security to stay in the country might not be such a long miserable case of 4-6 years or

3) just a tier 2 more relaxed City like Goa or such in India. Which obviously is no Western Country but is still a relaxed place where I needn't have to make crazy investments into education or anything else, I keep my money and time and just work for a good comfortable life from Day 1.

Currently because of my lack of work experience(because I work as a freelancer and not for a company) I don't have enough points to apply for the Express Entry program and by my future predictions it would take me 3-5 years to be able to get the points to apply for the same, and that too just barely. That's another factor that isn't very comforting for me either. I'm 27 right now and have an undergrad in Engineering from India but I have long since switched my career to Health, Sports and Fitness. This is the reason why I don't have an undergrad in my current field of work (I have a ton of certifications though, one of which is very highly reputed and recognized world over, most of the times I can use it to get work or get my foot in through the door.)

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Duplicate post http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/is-canada-still-worth-immigrating-to-for-indians-anymore-t472611.0.html