+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Canada better or Australia??

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Compare to what? Canadian dollars ;D performed better than Australian dollars? ;D

Canadian-dream

Mar 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Docs sent on: 06-04-2011, Recived By CIO 12-04-2011
AOR Received.
PER Recieved on 18-05-2011, 2nd AOR 0n 19-08-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
RBVO : 14-06-2011 Changed to "In Process" on 17-11-2011
Med's Request
17/11/2011
Med's Done....
01/12/2011
Interview........
waived by God's Grace
Passport Req..
17/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
22/12/2011
LANDED..........
29/04/2011
According to me Canada is like a heaven....there are more facilities then the Austria...all the facilities like child education and health insurance and retirement pension plan by The Govt, is more attractive then Austria ......

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In addition to all the facilities available criminals can commit crime and they can have minimal punishment. For example the worst that can happen if you commit the worst possible crime is life in prison. You can enjoy the rest of your life in a state of the art prison, will all facilities available. If you are a foreigner in Canada and you have a death sentence in your country then Canada wont deport you because Canadians value human life. Depending if you are human of colour Canada is less racist than Australia. Unlike America, Canada does not like to take risks when it comes to corporate environment.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Canadian-dream said:
According to me Canada is like a heaven....there are more facilities then the Austria...all the facilities like child education and health insurance and retirement pension plan by The Govt, is more attractive then Austria ......
I admire Australia for the one thing that Canada often lacks -- gumption. The courage to stop boats carrying illegal immigrants at the border and refuse entry. The courage for the Prime Minister to welcome immigrants, but to tell them that if they arrive in the coutry they requested admittance to, and immediately start demanding concessions, to take advantage of another Australian freedom and leave.

Canada -- in many ways -- seems determined to be a doormat for the rest of the world. ANy illegal immigrant who steps into Canadian territory immediately acquires the rights of any Canadian -- and it takes a long and costly legal process to deport illegals. I recall media stories about immigrants from a particular country double dipping -- lining up for welfare in Ontario, then nipping across the border into Quebec and getting welfare there too. These immigrants had been coached in their home country, and came well prepared to cheat Canadian taxpayers. The government reassured us that these instances were rare indeed -- but that was a lie, and eventually -- many millions of taxpayers' dollars later -- public outrage forced the government to stop the abuses.

Why not be proactive and protect Canadian interests, I wonder. It would have happened in Australia I'm guessing.

Australia: I love the attitude.

csesuvra

May 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far I know, Canada is better than Australia. Because necessary facilities are more available in Canada than Australia

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Who cares about wildlife unless someone wants to wrap their selves in banana leaves and spend the rest of their lives living in a straw hut. If that's the case then living in Africa would be a better option

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
My friend is trying to decide which one to choose too - I would obviously choose Canada (because it's where I have chosen!) but it all depends on what you are looking for. I like the laid-back lifestyle in Canada, another of my friends moved to Oz a few months ago and loves the hectic life in Sydney.
If it's money/assets that you're interested in then it seems that they are quite similar. Both are amazing countries with so much to offer, but no-one can really tell you which is best - it's your choice.

vbomb

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
1122 business management consultant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
07-SEP-2010
Nomination.....
23-MAR-2010
AOR Received.
01-SEP-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
01-SEP-2010
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-MAR-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-APR-2011
LANDED..........
19-APR-2011
How come nobody mentioned one of the biggest differences???? WEATHER!

It's mostly freezing in most of Canada for 8 months till the summer

It's much warmer in Australia

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Depends which immigration process is faster............. Try your luck both ways. Which comes first go for it :p :p :p

nitroxn

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
8/8/2010 Full docs submitted
IELTS Request
Submitted
Australia is a clever country. Immigration is more costlier and also takes more time requires accredition of your degrees and evaluatipn of your work experience. Geographically considering aus is isolated whereas canada shares its border with the us which is a big advantage. Also canadians are less racist. So i chose canada.

alan46

May 21, 2013
canada is great. except for the excessive influence that our neighbor to the south has on our culture and thinking. for example, newton above complains that our laws are too lax. They are only in comparison to the us where half of the population is in prison for 2000 years to life. Im not exaggerating by much. unfortunately the us has more prisoners than china.
i never been to Australia but i imagine that people there get to see things more clearly than in highly insulated societies like canada which mostly copies what the us does.

alan46

May 21, 2013
rereading what i wrote, it can give the impression that canada is not a very good country. it is.
people are very nice. and the culture is far closer to the rest of the first world than the us.
for example we have a one payer health care system and much more. so canada is great.
what i wrote before is more like when your kid whos very kind and honest and intelligent gets bad influence from a friend. ;D

aussiejuls

Apr 21, 2013
Australia and Canada are both very similar in lifestyles and the type of people you will meet (I am Australian but have lived in Canada).

Australia is no more racist than anywhere else in the world. Yes sometimes racist attacks do happen. But because they are so few and far between they often make international news. Please try to remember to not judge many by the horrid behaviour of a few.

Australia in general is a very laid back welcoming country, as is Canada. Job opportunities in both countries are very similar. Housing/rentals/food are a little more expensive in Australia than Canada, particularly in the major cities. Yes Sydney can be very frenetic but cities such as Perth or Brisbane are still very laid back. Toronto is also a large busy city.

Education is freely available as are all health services. Both countries operate on a very similar free public health system. Anything that is an emergency will be treated immediately and anything that is considered non essential or elective will go on a waiting list (these can be long and tiresome but that is the trade off for free health treatment).

Both countries have a lot to offer. I would tell your friend to consider geographic location and weather in their decision.

Good luck