+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is business experience countable??

abhi_41991

May 15, 2018
i had completed bcom(bachelors in commerce) from india in 2012. after completion i did a job for one year on cash basis in a firm. in 2013 i started MBA( finance) which was completed in 2015 . after that i started business of manufacturing in partnership which i am doing till date(approx three years business exp). now i have applied for higher course in finance field in canada . ive got my offer letter as well and going to apply for visa.

i really wanted to know whether any such case like mine got their visa approved or got rejected . i know it is purely embassy's decision but info about alike case can really be a stress buster for me . TIA

Mar 17, 2017
i had completed bcom(bachelors in commerce) from india in 2012. after completion i did a job for one year on cash basis in a firm. in 2013 i started MBA( finance) which was completed in 2015 . after that i started business of manufacturing in partnership which i am doing till date(approx three years business exp). now i have applied for higher course in finance field in canada . ive got my offer letter as well and going to apply for visa.

i really wanted to know whether any such case like mine got their visa approved or got rejected . i know it is purely embassy's decision but info about alike case can really be a stress buster for me . TIA
Hi Bro, I have received my visa. And out of my 5 years of work experience, 2 years were of my business in partnership with 2 other directors. VO did not count it as a gap. I submitted the proper documentation of my startup company and explained why we had to close the company.

abhi_41991

May 15, 2018
Hi Bro, I have received my visa. And out of my 5 years of work experience, 2 years were of my business in partnership with 2 other directors. VO did not count it as a gap. I submitted the proper documentation of my startup company and explained why we had to close the company.
THANK YOU SIR FOR THE VALUABLE REPLY.
I AM ALSO THINKING TO DO THE SAME BUT IN MY CASE WE ARE NOT CLOSING OUR BUSINESS. THE OTHER PARTNER WILL BE RUNNING IT BUT I DO NOT WANT TO BE PART OF IT DUE TO CERTAIN REASONS. SO I DECIDED TO STUDY FURTHER AND SETTLE IN CANADA...
SO I CANT SUBMIT THE CLOSURE PAPERS . SO ARE THESE REASONS CONSIDERED??

rohan555

Oct 7, 2017
I too am a partner of a manufacturing company as well as a Director of a construction company. I mentioned in my SOP that I am an investor in the manufacturing business and it is mainly run by the other partners (family members) and that they would run it in my absence. Since my course is construction related I mentioned how the course will help me enhance my construction career upon my return to INDIA.

In your case since you were only doing business and not having a professional career on the side. You would have to mention how this course will help your business upon your return to INDIA.

Include your business partnership deeds ,IT Returns, registration docs etc to show the quantum of stakes you have in that firm.

In any case having a business of a manufacturing nature with significant investment is goes well in showing reasons to return to home country . However your course should compliment your role in the business. So choose your course carefully.

I got my TRV earlier this year based on these docs and have applied for a study permit a month back. Awaiting a decision.