+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is Biometrics for PR+OWP inland sponsorship application necessary?

mikititah

Apr 16, 2019
Category........
FAM
This is really confusing me. I have read on CIG biometric exemption applies to spouse inland sponsorship PR application. But it also says on CIG that if you are applying for an open work permit then it's necessary to complete biometrics? I'll be sending my application as a visitor from the philippines. im hoping that somebody could answer the question.

Mar1219

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hi, if you are applying inland you are completely exempt from biometrics until there is biometric services available in Canada (which there is currently not). However if you are outland and come to Canada as a visitor during your application process, you’ll be required to leave the country to complete them. Hope this helps!

Reactions: brarsairi

brarsairi

Jan 10, 2019
PUNJAB
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
13-10-2018
Dear Mar1219
I hv applied for PNP PR inland paper based. Currently I'm on work permit working in BC, Canada. I gave fingerprints for work permit in India in January 2019, now they sent us biometrics letter again. Where shall I give my biometrics now in canada. Abbotsford POE office denied PR fingerprints. Went to local police station, they had my biometrics but they said they don't have any connection with IRCC and they'll send me biometrics receipt after 2 weeks and i hv to submit it myself (don't know where?).
I'm totally confused. Which is exact facility to get my biometrics done in BC canada.
Thank you

brarsairi

Jan 10, 2019
PUNJAB
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
13-10-2018
@k.h.p.
Dear Friend ,thank you so much for replying. Kindly clarify below questions if u can.
Q1. Why I'm not exempted since I gave biometrics in India in Jan'2019 for work permit?
Q2. Why POE port of entry abbotsford denied having my biometrics?
Q3. Can I go to USA or Mexico to get it done?

Thank you.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Q2 the POE refused you because you cannot do it in Canada.

Q3 If you can enter the US or Mexico, yes.

You need to ask IRCC Q1.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
@k.h.p.
Dear Friend ,thank you so much for replying. Kindly clarify below questions if u can.
Q1. Why I'm not exempted since I gave biometrics in India in Jan'2019 for work permit?
Q2. Why POE port of entry abbotsford denied having my biometrics?
Q3. Can I go to USA or Mexico to get it done?

Thank you.
If you already completed biometrics, it is still valid. Send a Webform regarding the biometrics already completed.

Reactions: brarsairi